We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porsche Factory Tour

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, South...
reviews: 31
Porsche Factory Tour

Does anyone know how to contact Porsche about a factory tour? I have been unable to find it on their website, and my general email has not been answered.

Thank you!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
1. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

Factory tours are usually arranged through their foreign delivery part of their website. The phone number of Herr Hoenniger who arranges tours of the Porsche factory is (49) (0)711 911 25384.

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
reviews: 83
2. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

They actually do those tours for regular patrons? I'm visiting in September with my husband and this is his passion....everything porsche!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
3. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

Anybody can go on the tours (perhaps not children), but it must be done by pre-arrangement. The purpose of the tours is to allow people accepting European delivery of their Porsche from overseas to see the actual assembly plant in operation, but you don't have to buy one. Mercedes Benz does the same thing in their largest assembly plant in nearby Sindelfingen.

Make sure to also visit the Mercedes Benz Museum. Although the Porsche Museum is excellent, the Mercedes Benz one is in a class by itself. It is simply loved by all visitors irregardless of their age, gender, or whether they particularly like cars or not.

Some further car-related activities can be found in tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187276-i703-k4460… , unfortunately the 125th anniversary of the automobile was last year so those special events won't be occurring, but of course the museums, etc. will all be open.

Three excellent things to do in September:

From 32Aug to 4Nov in the gardens of the Residence palace (in www.schloesser-magazin.de/en ) in nearby Ludwigsburg will be the world's largest pumpkin exhibition (in www.blueba.de only in German with some nice pictures of past events). Over 400,000 pumpkins and squash of over 450 varieties will be on display including Europe's largest of these vegetables, there are large themed sculptures made from them- this year's theme being the sights of Switzerland, and food and drink (champagne) made from them. Combined with the excellent tour of Germany's largest perfectly preserved palace, it makes for a very enjoyable day.

From 22Aug to 2Sept in Stuttgart is the Weindorf (Wine Village- www.stuttgarter-weindorf.de ) probably also only in German), probably Germany's most attended wine festival.

From 28Sept to 14Oct is the Cannstatter Volksfest ( www.cannstatter-volksfest.de ; www.wasen.de ) which is the world's second largest beer festival.

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
4. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

WOW Marco, this is wonderful. Thank you. First, I had no idea about the Porsche factory tour....I just thought the museum was the only public sight to visit so I'm so glad I read these forums, he's going to love this. I will try to contact them about a tour then. Are they located in a different place than the museum is?

Also, I'm very interested in the Wine Village event....how exciting, that's when we'll be there. I don't know where that is exactly, I tried to find out on the site and see a map for the layout of the festival, but not sure that I can figure out where it is. I will be staying at the Kronen Hotel on Kronenstrasse 48. Is that close to the wine festival?

Thank you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
5. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

I believe that the factory tours all start in the lobby of the Porsche Museum.

The Wine Village is on Schillerplatz and Marktplatz and the street connecting them in the center of Stuttgart in the pedestrian zone. Your hotel is a few blocks away to the NW.

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
6. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

Awesome! thank you.

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
7. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

Thought I'd report back with my findings in case it helps someone else with their planning.

Apparently the factory tours shut down between July 19 to September 2. Very disappointing to us since we will miss this by a day or two and it's too late to re-work our travel itinerary. That's okay though, we will still go to the museum.

Thanks to all that helped with suggestions (marcopolko).

Aalbæk...
8. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

Porsche Travel Club

airtours – a TUI Deutschland GmbH brand

Porscheplatz 1

70435 Stuttgart

Germany

Tel.: +49 (0) 711 911-23360

Fax: +49 (0) 711 911-23278

E-mail: info@porschetravelclub.de

Stroud, United...
9. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

Good morning

My self and two friends intend to travel to Stuttgart arriving late morning 18th July 2013, we would if its possible like to visit the factory that afternoon. We look forward to a favourable reply.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Tucker

Perth, Australia
10. Re: Porsche Factory Tour

Hi, just read the thread and was also wondering about the porsche and merc tour (factory and museum).

I'm travelling this year (2013) in September (as well).

Any advice on the booking for the factory and museum? are all factory and museum for the 2 manufacturers nearby?

I will also be in Italy. Unfortunately, tried to contact Ferrari but they never reply my email on bookings and advices! Very sad!

Any assistance will be awesome!

Cheers!

Calvin Cheok