We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BahnCard question

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stuttgart, Germany
reviews: 5
BahnCard question

Since I will be in Stuttgart for 9 weeks this summer, and taking the train from Frankfurt-Stuttfart RT one time, and possibly traveling RT to Cologne once, would it be beneficial for me to purchase this card? I plan to otherwise spend my off time in the Stuttgart and surrounding area so I can learn about all it has to offer. I am wanting to buy my train ticket from the airport to Stuttgart before I leave home and the BahnCard option comes up when I look at purchasing the ticket. Thank you!

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 3
1. Re: BahnCard question

I think a Bahn Card 25 would pay off for your trips.

You can also get a "Probe Bahn Card 25" that's a testing offer. It's valid for 4 months, but it's of course cheaper than a normal Bahn Card 25 (I think the Probe Bahn Card is €25) you'll only have to make sure to cancel that Probe Bahn Card 6 weeks prior to date of expiration, otherwise they will charge you for an additional 12 months.

That testing offer ends at the end of June, so make sure to order it within the next few weeks.

Edited: 2:46 pm, June 07, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 36
2. Re: BahnCard question

The first thing to do when buying a Bahn card is immediately cancel it. It will still remain valid during its period of validity, but then it won't be automatically renewed.

Stuttgart, Germany
reviews: 5
3. Re: BahnCard question

I ordered the Probe BahnCard 25 yesterday. How do I cancel the card? I cannot find out how to do that online? My temporary card shows it is good until 8-18-12, which is, in fact, the date I leave. I am assuming since this is the paper one that is why it says that and not the four months which is what it says it is online. When I cancel I can put in the 4 months date, correct? I don't want it to cancel effective immediately!

Cold Bay, Alaska
reviews: 302
4. Re: BahnCard question

You can go to any DB office in the train station and they will handwrite a letter for you, which you will sign, stating that you want it cancelled. You can handwrite a letter saying the same if you must.

Aurora, Colorado
reviews: 3
5. Re: BahnCard question

How ,long is temporary Bahncard good for, the paper version you get when you first order it at the station. I know, after it expires, they will send the plastic one in ten mail and it will automatically renew after 4 months.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
6. Re: BahnCard question

> How ,long is temporary Bahncard good for, the paper version you get when you first order it at the station.

~ 2 month. The validity period is shown on the preliminary BahnCard.

> I know, after it expires, they will send the plastic one in ten mail

No. The real (plastic) BahnCard will be send to your address a few days after you bought it.

> and it will automatically renew after 4 months.

Only true if you buy a Probe (trial) BahnCard. All other BahnCards are goord for one year. You can cancel a BahnCard subscription until 6 weeks before your BahnCard expires. You'll normally receive your new BahnCard so 3 weeks before the old one expires.

7. Re: BahnCard question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 14, 2013