We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pleasanton...
reviews: 4
Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Hello Expert,

Can someone refesh my memory please? ;P

Is Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket not valid on weekday until 9AM in the weekday morning?

But it is valid starting at midnight during weekend?

And I can purchase it from Stuttgart Central Station, right?

25, - € for a 2 adults and 1 child, right?

Thanks..

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

> s Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket not valid on weekday until 9AM in the weekday morning?

Yes. On weekdays from 9am till 3am next day.

> But it is valid starting at midnight during weekend?

Yes. On Sa, Su and public holidays it is valid from midnight on (no morning rush hour on these days).

> And I can purchase it from Stuttgart Central Station, right?

Yes. You can buy it from ticket machines at any train station (incl. S-Bahn stops). Also online through the DB timetable.

> 25, - € for a 2 adults and 1 child, right?

Yes.

Pleasanton...
2. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Thanks abalada. :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 35
3. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

If you are traveling to a more localized area about Stuttgart a Metropolticket may be cheaper than a Baden-Wuerttemberg one which has the same time period validity and the same choice of transportation (no IC, EC or ICE trains).

Pleasanton...
4. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Thanks, macropolko....

Is Metropolticket same as the VVS ticket you suggested before in a different thread of mine?

Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
5. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

No, a VVS ticket is for the metropolitan area around Stuttgart and will be the cheapest day ticket if it reaches places you want to visit. (On the www.bahn.com website, a message will appear to use local tariffs and the www.vvs.de website will only include places where it is applicable.)

The Metropolticket includes places much further away mainly in Württemberg, but not all such places. Tübingen is one such place, but Ulm and Lake Constance are not included with this ticket. Use of this ticket also gives you discounts to some places such as the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, but that's the only one I remember. Map of validity- www.metropolticket.de/die-metropolregion/ .

The Baden-Wuerttemberg ticket includes all of this German state and some places beyond it such as Lindau, Nördlingen and Würzburg in Bavaria, some towns in the Rhineland-Palatinate to the immediate west, and a few places in Switzerland near the border including Basel and Schaffhausen.

So what is your cheapest day ticket options have become extremely complicated at the beginning of the year in the area around Stuttgart (which it is centered on) with this new Metropolticket.

Edited: 9:57 am, April 08, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
6. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Oh, by the way, on that www.metropolticket.de/die-metropolregion/ map, those are local transportation areas, so you can also see the area that Stuttgart's VVS covers, as well as the entire map being the validity of the Baden-Wuerttemberg ticket.

If you click on the individual transportation districts, you can see what discounts to attractions are given, some quite large with the Metropolticket.

Edited: 10:08 am, April 08, 2012
Pleasanton...
7. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Thanks.. macropolko...

Is Speyer and Sinsheim covered under Metropolticket?

Which one will be cheaper if traveling to both Technik Museum in Speyer and Sinsheim from Stuttgart?

Metropolticket or Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket?

Thanks...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
8. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Speyer is a long way from the area covered by the Metropolticket. I don't believe Sinsheim is covered either, although it's probably close to the region's border. The Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket is what is needed for both places. As Speyer is in the Rhineland-Palatinate, only the regional trains and S-bahns are possibly covered, not any local transportation such as buses.

Pleasanton...
9. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Thanks for the confirmation...

Pleasanton...
10. Re: Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket

Hello all experts,

Oh. Sorry to bring this up again...

I think this day ticket is like the VVS day ticket which covers the trains, buses, trams, etc. Right?

How do I use it on bus ride? Just show the ticket to the driver?

I assume that is a paper ticket, right (or wrong)?