We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

Which Karlsruhe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
OKC
inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

My 16 year old daughter and I will visit Karlsruhe and Heidleberg for 2 days. Do i need to get a double or single room? Any suggestions? We will be coming in by train and will use public transportation. Any suggestion on things to do?

Houston, TX
reviews: 8
1. Re: inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

you will need a double - that means 2 person - each have a bed - hope that helps

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
2. Re: inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

A single room is for one single person and the price is calculated for one single person. Period. For two, you need a double or twin. Don't even think of smuggling your daughter in to stay with you in a single, this is considered fraud and will cause some unpleasant situation with hotel staff or even the police, and the necessity to search for another room in another hotel in the middle of the night.

OKC
3. Re: inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

No, I was not thinking of smuggling her in. I just know many times children under 18 years are free and if we shared a bed would it be considered single room or double.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
4. Re: inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

Children under 18 are free? Where? Surely not in Karlsruhe. Toddlers sharing a parent's bed, probably, but not almost grown teenagers. And don't expect queen-size beds here. A single bed is a bed of 1 metre width. No hotel will even imagine the idea of a 16 year old and parent sharing one small bed.

You need a double room.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
5. Re: inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

There is usually very little difference in price between a single and a double room in fact so this isn't a big issue re cost..

It's true that sometimes when we were booking a triple room (for me, husband and son) we weren't always charged for the extra (third) bed when he was younger but that's a bit different from taking a standard double room.

In many cases though kids aged 12 and over are considered and charged for as an adult (I mean re charges for extra beds)

There are lots of 3-star hotels in Karlsruhe that aren't too expensive. check hrs.com, venere, booking There's also an ibis right by the station which can have good deals if you book early( accorhotels.com )

Edited: 6:11 pm, May 09, 2012
OKC
6. Re: inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

Oh! LOL . It is good to know the sizes of the beds. Different places, different sizes. I appreciate your information and candidness. Also thank you Lynda for the good advice.

7. Re: inexpensive room in karlsruhe -single or double?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, June 22, 2013