We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freiburg parking...and where to eat...

Which Freiburg im Breisgau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
reviews: 13
Freiburg parking...and where to eat...

Hi, we are on a driving holiday, travelling from Calais to Lugano, so stopping over at Freiburg for a night at Mercure hotel Freiburg Am Muenster. The hotel charge 17 euros for parking, is street parking free on the street? and between what time.

also, can someone suggest somewhere local to eat in Freiburg, like to try their local food, what is it....hock? can you name a few restaurant nearby for us, as we will be arriving after 6pm that night.

Many thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 71
1. Re: Freiburg parking...and where to eat...

See tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187281-Freiburg… for restaurants. Local Food I would guess is Black Forest Gateau.

Hock is wine.

We're heading to Freiburg and driving from Calais so would be interested in your experience. I am allowing 8 or 9 hours for the journey.

Enjoy Lugano, its a lovely place. Did that by train years ago.

Edited: 4:24 pm, June 15, 2013
Dublin
reviews: 9
2. Re: Freiburg parking...and where to eat...

The local Feierling brauhaus http://www.feierling.de/ is a good, informal spot for food. Excellent beer, too.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 71
3. Re: Freiburg parking...and where to eat...

Thanks Blawcleea - I'll check that out. Seems they have a brewery too!

4. Re: Freiburg parking...and where to eat...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 17, 2014