We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freiburg to colmar

Which Freiburg im Breisgau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mosta
reviews: 16
Freiburg to colmar

Which is the cheapest way to visit colmar for a day trip from Freiburg. We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 teens).

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Freiburg to colmar

RegioElsassTicket for 5 persons EUR 19,50

A 24 hours ticket covering the buses or train+bus combinations from Freiburg to Colmar. Covers also the trams and buses in Freiburg (and the whole RVF network).

suedbadenbus.de/suedbadenbus/view/mdb/suedba…

timetable

Connections with a white background on the times for Freiburg to Breisach are by train.

important notes (also in English)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
2. Re: Freiburg to colmar

Why not forget visiting Colmar, a not too attractive town, and instead rent a car and visit a few of the gorgeous villages past it at the foot of the Vosges Mountains along the wine route between Eguisheim to Oberoi. Just beautiful village after beautiful village a few minutes apart with their lovingly cared for old buildings, wineries and flowers which will put anyplace across the Rhine in Germany to shame. Also, the mountaintop fortress of Haut Koenigsbourg is an excellent place to visit. That will also allow you to visit the church at Breisach with its lovely carved altar and/or the fortifications at Neuf Brisach across the river in France.

Mosta
reviews: 16
3. Re: Freiburg to colmar

Thank you for your replies.

The problem is that we don't drive. Infact these last four years we came to Germany thanks for the tripadvisor members espcially ABALADA. Everytime we asked questions about travelling using the trains he always answers promptly. Now I am looking foward for next year, this time I am planning to visit Stuttgart (4 to 6 days), and from there I am planning to visit Heidelberg, Ulm and Mannheim on a day trip. After we go to Freiburg for the remaining nights (8 to 10 nights). From Freiburg weplan to visit Schaffhausen, Basel, Colmar, Titisee and Triberg. But still we have quite enough time for planning. Definitely I will ask more questions because I am sure that I will find all the help I need.

Thank you again.

4. Re: Freiburg to colmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 22, 2011