We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking/Transport in Freiburg

Which Freiburg im Breisgau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 31
Parking/Transport in Freiburg

I am planning an overnight stay in Freiburg. I have a rental car and would like advice as to whether it is easy to get around Freiburg by car or whether it would be better to use public transport or walk. Many of the hotels seem to charge for parking. Is it difficult to park in the city area? Would it be better to stay outside the city area? The hotels seem rather expensive compared to other cities in Germany. The Hotel Victoria sounds nice and central to the Altstadt but I resent having to pay extra for parking.

Please advise.

minneapolis, mn
1. Re: Parking/Transport in Freiburg

I visited Freiburg last fall. We arrived by train, and our hotel gave us free tram passes and a city map. It was very easy to walk around the city center, and the tram reaches any outlying areas you might want to visit. If you can get a hotel near the train or tram that does not charge for parking, public transportation will work nicely - especially if the hotel provides a tram pass.