We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Forest Rail and Bus Pass

Which Baden-Wurttemberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
reviews: 19
Black Forest Rail and Bus Pass

We are staying at a hotel in Schiltach for 4 days from 30 September to 3 October and our hotel has included a pass to the trains and buses in the Black Forest in the cost of our room. Does this pass also cover trams in towns like Freiburg? Is it worth having (we have our own car) or should I ask for a cheaper rate on the room instead? Also, does anyone know how much this pass costs, so that I can work out whether it's worth just buying one for a day if I need it somewhere?

Baden-Wurttemberg...
1. Re: Black Forest Rail and Bus Pass

>cover trams in towns like Freiburg?<

Yes, the Konus Card covers all means of transport, with the exception of ICE, EC and IC trains.

The card is also valid on the local trains to Basel, but not for the trams and buses in Basel.

http://www.blackforest-tourism.com/konus

>does anyone know how much this pass costs<

The pass is free, it is included in the room rate. You'll get it anyway, regardless of the room rate.

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
reviews: 6
2. Re: Black Forest Rail and Bus Pass

The Konus card is maybe the finest freebie in Europe.

Here's a map of the area within which you can travel. Train lines are shown with a broken black line. Beautiful Schiltach lies almost smack-dab in the middle.

schwarzwald-tourismus.info/service/konus/was…

Dublin
reviews: 9
3. Re: Black Forest Rail and Bus Pass

"Is it worth having (we have our own car) or should I ask for a cheaper rate on the room instead?"

You get the Konus card when you fill in the registration form for the mandatory visitor tax ("kurtax") on arrival. You won't get a discount if you decide not to use the Konus card - that's not the hotel's concern.

Edited: 9:28 am, August 14, 2010
St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
reviews: 19
4. Re: Black Forest Rail and Bus Pass

OK, that's fine. What a brilliant initiative for the region. It's a shame more places don't offer such a service!

5. Re: Black Forest Rail and Bus Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 11, 2011