We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin to Prague

Which Germany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thimphu, Bhutan
reviews: 3
Berlin to Prague

I am planning for a tour to Europe this coming march, and have tentatively fixed on the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Switzerland and France...was a really tough decision because i want to travel to all the countries in Europe... :)

Could anyone suggest if there is a night bus or train from Berlin to Prague on either 8th March, 2014 or 9th March, 2014.

For cross country trains and local trains, can we buy rail tickets at relevant point counters without having any reservations..like a walk in guest??

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tashi

3 replies to this topic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 7
1. Re: Berlin to Prague

There are of course buses and trains on both days, and you can buy a ticket to Prague on the day, but it will be a LOT more expensive on the train (about €65, vs. from €29 in advance). A reservation isn't necessary.

The bus is a lot cheaper bought on the day - I think it is from €23 - and has things like in-seat movies, Wi-Fi, etc. For times see www.studentagency.eu there will almost always be free seats available on the day.

Prague is an international journey, but for local tickets in Germany there are various local passes (Laender Tickets). For longer-distance journeys within Germany you need to buy in advance to get the best prices.

Edited: 3:36 am, February 19, 2014
Minneapolis...
reviews: 43
2. Re: Berlin to Prague

Take the train in the day, one of the most beautiful train rides along a river (i forgot the name of the river) but amazing

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 7
3. Re: Berlin to Prague

River Elbe/Labe - sit on the left side of the train facing travel.

If going by train, book well in advance to get the best price, either from www.bahn.com (from 90 days in advance), or www.cd.cz/eshop (English top right - from 60 days in advance, more availability). In both cases print the ticket off at home.

Reply to: Berlin to Prague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted