We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will i make it to Dachau? how can i do this?

Houston, TX
reviews: 8
will i make it to Dachau? how can i do this?

Hello. I have been trying to figure this out, and I figured maybe you all would be able to help me. I know it is all resting on my flight getting in when scheduled, but I really would like to visit dachau. I arrive on a Wed at around noon. I am guessing it will take awhile to show my passport and such. I know that Dachau closes at 5:00. I will not be able to make it there any other day, so i have figured out that I can take a train there or take a taxi and head straight there, and check into my hotel after, BUT what do i do with my luggage? I read on dachau's website that there are no lockers or any place to put your luggage. I am guessing they don't let you wheel it around in there either? Any ideas or insight?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: will i make it to Dachau? how can i do this?

One option would be to travel via Munich Hbf (the main train station) and store your luggage there into one of the lockers. Not the most direct route, but only a small detour.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: MUC

Destination: KZ-Gedenkstaette, Dachau

and add as a stopover

Via: Muenchen Hbf (with a stopover of e.g. 00:15)

MVV tariff applies which is not shown by the DB timetable. Buy a day ticket for the whole MVV network which is EUR 10,80.

Edited: 6:21 pm, April 22, 2011
Ko Chang, Thailand
reviews: 8
2. Re: will i make it to Dachau? how can i do this?

Best you catch a cab, it's not far from the airport.

From Dachzau to Mu8nich use the S-Bahn, a suburb train running every 20 minutes to downtown Munich.

They will take care of your luggage for sure. Don't worry.

3. Re: will i make it to Dachau? how can i do this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 30, 2012