We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski lessons for adult who has never skied before

Which Val d'Isere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 23
Ski lessons for adult who has never skied before

Hi,

I'm 23 and am thinking of going to Val d'Isere next February with a group of 26 friends. Only problem is that I am the only person in the group who has never skied before. Does anyone have any recommendations for good, fun, not too expensive ski schools/lessons for adults?

Also, if I am taking lessons on the beginner slopes is there any need to buy a lift pass?

Thanks,

Sophie

3 replies to this topic
1. Re: Ski lessons for adult who has never skied before

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 am, September 10, 2014

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 12
2. Re: Ski lessons for adult who has never skied before

Beginner slopes are free for everybody. If you have never skied before you will start from the beginning. There are many ski schools in Val d'isere. You can find ski schools from the web page of Val d'isere.

Oz en Oisans, France
reviews: 4
3. Re: Ski lessons for adult who has never skied before

Hello Sophie, We were both adults when we learnt to ski. My partner started when she was 46 yrs!

She found that taking a week of morning ski school with esf was both enjoyable and cost effective.

You can then meet up with your friends at lunchtime

The ski school can advise you on ski passes - they may suggest you buy one later in the week as you progress;

Enjoy

Reply to: Ski lessons for adult who has never skied before
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted