We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport lyon airport to st etienne

Which Saint-Etienne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
transport lyon airport to st etienne

any ideas on easiest way to get from Lyon airport to St Etienne?

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 78
1. Re: transport lyon airport to st etienne

Which Lyon airport are you flying into - St Etienne has an airport also referred to Lyon airport.

London
reviews: 2
2. Re: transport lyon airport to st etienne

Man - seems like a nightmare to me!

I've got a free ticket for weds game and found those easyjet flights out to Lyon from STN but hell - it's not the easiest to get down to St etienne.. shuttle bus from airport to main station in lyon to get train (train - one hour ish).. or think this is a bus.. but that'll go from city centre too...

I considered a taxi thinking it would maybe be around Euro100.. but no, nearer E 300 each way!!

Useless. Even looked at flying to geneva as flights are only £92 return and though maybe it was easier to ST Etienne (or at least better links) but no joy...

Let me know if you find any different or better info ...Or I may pack in the idea of going!

London
3. Re: transport lyon airport to st etienne

p.s. since there are no flights at this time of year to St Etienne I take you mean St Exupery - Lyon...

Greenock, United...
reviews: 51
4. Re: transport lyon airport to st etienne

suspect you are going to st etienne for same reason as us this saturday and as have been advised taxis seem extortionate, we have hired a car to get from Lyon to St etienne , cost about £40 for the day,

otherwise could get taxi from airport to station in Lyon and train from there

lets hope its worth it

London
5. Re: transport lyon airport to st etienne

Actually.. (don't die of shock!) .. I'm going tomorrow for the SAmoa game...

The cheapest I found a taxi was Euro 120... so I guess I'll be taking the train after all! considered hiring a car but as I'm meeting my friends out there..not really any point for one person..

Good luck on Saturday!! I'm sure the Scottish boys will do you proud!!

6. Re: transport lyon airport to st etienne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Etienne
More Saint-Etienne Topics