We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about public transportation in Lyon

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
reviews: 173
Question about public transportation in Lyon

My husband and I will be in Lyon for a full month in November and we'll be using public transportation for exploring the city, besides walking. We've searched the TCL (Transports en Commun Lyonnais) site and found out that there is a one month card which is called "passe partout" for 56 euros and gives you access to all public transport. In order to get the card you need to present current ID, photo and proof of residence. Does anyone know if this card is intended for French residents or tourists could also get it? Unfortunately TCL does not list an e mail address for asking them directly and I have already contacted the Lyon Tourist Bureau with the same question but they politely me told me to contact the TCL. I would appreciate any assistance.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
reviews: 28
1. Re: Question about public transportation in Lyon

It is for residents only as it is a long time subscription, you get a card with month after month "refill" on the internet or on vending machines.

Lyon City Card is the one which is designed for tourists, I know it is much more expensive though. I dont known where you're going to stay and what's in your programme, but you should consider that Lyon is a very walkable city and that you're probably not going to use the TCL that much.

Texas
reviews: 68
2. Re: Question about public transportation in Lyon

You can also use the municipal bike share if you are willing to ride a bike. It works wonderfully.

http://www.velov.grandlyon.com/

Athens, Greece
reviews: 173
3. Re: Question about public transportation in Lyon

Thank you very much for your reply and the information. We will be renting an apartment for the full month in the Brotteux area exploring the city and its neighborhoods mostly by foot but we thought that it would be very convenient to have the card. I sent TCL a message asking them but they have not responded yet.

Anyway, it was worth a try. Thanks again.

4. Re: Question about public transportation in Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 02, 2014