We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Rhône-Expres

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Datteln, Germany
Ticket Rhône-Expres

On the 4th of February I have booked an one-way tickets for the Rhône-Express.

My journey will take place in June. How long is this ticket valid?

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
reviews: 28
1. Re: Ticket Rhône-Expres

The ticket is valid one year.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 6
2. Re: Ticket Rhône-Expres

I purchased 7 one way tickets on 17 May and my E-Billet says its only valid until 15 Aug. Only-Lyon could you verify the one year expiration, please.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
3. Re: Ticket Rhône-Expres

I'm sorry I did not read the OP question carefully enough!

The most frequently asked question is about the return ticket validity and yes it has a one year validity :

"The Return ticket must be used within one year from the date of delivery and until

the second validation by the steward during the return trip."

I downloaded the "Operating Rules" on Rhonexpress website and yes there is something about tickets validity

"During an acquisition on the Internet through the general public module, the buyer have 3

months to present his E-ticket on board which will be change by a definitive ticket with an

expiration date equal to the previous one. This deadline is put back to 8 months for the

buyers who have acquired a Rhônexpress E-ticket by a provider under contract with

Rhônexpress society (travel agencies, tourist centres, associations, companies ...) with access

to the selling module for professionals only on the Internet."

Here:

http://www.rhonexpress.fr/ftp/US_documents/Rhônexpress_Réglement%20d'exploitation%20au%201er%20janvier%202013%20SHP010113%20ANGLAIS.pdf

Atlanta, GA
4. Re: Ticket Rhône-Expres

They should really note that on their website. Unless you read what an e-ticket is you do not know it is only valid for 90 days.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
5. Re: Ticket Rhône-Expres

You're right. But this is basically a tram ticket, with no places limitation and no price variation, I wonder how many people would buy it so long in advance.

Atlanta, GA
6. Re: Ticket Rhône-Expres

Was able to get refund on tickets, took two weeks and it's a Euro wire into your bank. Luckily was able to wire to my friend's bank in France.

7. Re: Ticket Rhône-Expres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 09, 2014