We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed in this appartment??

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 13
Anyone stayed in this appartment??

Just booked 12 nights in Chamonix for next January. This year we stayed in a hotel, but we decided that we would stay in an apartment next time, so has anyone stayed in Studio Appartment Lachenal 1ii ( 17 m squared, very cosy!?) its about 5 mins walk from the Alpina, and we booked through Interhome. Is this company any good? Anyone had any bad experiences with them??,any advice would be greatfully received.

Norwich, United...
1. Re: Anyone stayed in this appartment??

Sorry forgot to ask if anyone has stayed here is the bathroom within the room or is it shared ? Most websites say its 1 room but list bathroom/toilet/bath included in the room facilities. Pictures only show the room, no bathroom pics.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 6
2. Re: Anyone stayed in this appartment??

Never stayed there but I think you ill find the bathroom is private.

It is with every other studio I have come across.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 6
3. Re: Anyone stayed in this appartment??

17 sq m is very small

Norwich, United...
4. Re: Anyone stayed in this appartment??

Yes, 17m squared is VERY small, the website described it as COSY. Depends what you are looking for though, it will be fine for my partner and myself, just the freedom of being able to cook there some nights etc. All we need is a roof over our head, bed and bath, as we will be out a lot of the time anyway. We figured that we would rather spend the money on ski passes than accommodation.We got 12 nights for 416 euros (£380.00) it has reserved parking, a balcony and is less than 5 minutes walk from the Alpina. Parfait!

UK
5. Re: Anyone stayed in this appartment??

We've recently booked an apartment in Austria using Interhome and I checked who they were. They are ABTA bonded and owned by Hotelplan, the same company as own Inghams and Inntravel in the UK (which are both reliable and well-regarded). They are ultimately owned by Migros, the Swiss supermarket group.

http://www.interhome.co.uk/about-us/

We've never stayed in an apartment on a skiing holiday, but we did once have a very small hotel room and not very good weather. I got fed up of lack of hanging space to dry out damp sweaty ski-gear - I think we ended up overloading the shower curtain rail! But I get the impression that space is at a premium in French ski resorts, and as you say, you don't want to pay for more than you actually need!

Norwich, United...
6. Re: Anyone stayed in this appartment??

Happy days! I have just heard back from Interhome who confirm that the studio apartment HAS a private bathroom so ALL GOOD. Yes they seem to be on the ball but one never knows how good a company is if they have never used them. Reassuring to know they are ABTA bonded though, no , I am quite happy with the arrangement, its not the biggest apartment in the world but will do for us I am sure. Many thanks to those who took the time to reply.

7. Re: Anyone stayed in this appartment??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 08, 2015