We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay in chamonix

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 4
stay in chamonix

Hi

I will be travelling chamonix from august 15 2013 to august 18 2013. I am planning to stay in saint geravis les bains. Can someone tell me the variuos pu blic transport option from this village to chamonix and what will be the cost for the same.

Anurag Sinha

Easley, South...
1. Re: stay in chamonix

The regular train btwn the two cities should be back in service by then. There are hourly replacement buses now that your rail ticket covers. That's all I needed when I was there 3 days ago but I thi I there are also frequent local buses. The bus ride is about an hour. The bus costs 1.5 euro each way. Hardly a factor.

Edited: 8:28 am, June 21, 2013
London
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 32
2. Re: stay in chamonix

Bear in mind that St Gervais is not the same place at St Gervais-Le Fayet where the train station is. Some areas are quite a way away (several kilometers up a steep hill)

So I would check the location of your planned accomodation carefully on Google maps. If it's near the thermal baths, you are fine, but if it's up in the main village, it's not close at all to the station.

There is a shuttle but I think it's for disabled people rather than the general public?

saintgervais.com/en/pratical-information/loc…

As far as I know there is no public transport up there in summer. I could well be wrong, and it might be worth checking this with the St Gervais tourist office. There may be a daily bus, but I can find no mention of it on their site.

Saint-Gervais-les-Ba...
reviews: 8
3. Re: stay in chamonix

Here is a link for the SAT bus timetable which operates the local public service, bear in mind that the service doesn't run every day & the 15th August is a public holiday sat-montblanc.com/fr/…ChamonixPraz_Ete.pdf

London
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 32
4. Re: stay in chamonix

Mel74170 - thanks - that's useful to know!

5. Re: stay in chamonix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 30, 2014