We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farcon in Chamonix

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 9
Farcon in Chamonix

I will be visiting Chamonix for 6 days at the end of July and being a foodie - would like to try local specialty - farcon. I already checked menu of few places specializing in local cuisine but did not see this dish.

Where should I go and since farcon requires a bit of preparation - should I order it in advance?

Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, Donostia-San Sebastian
reviews: 235
1. Re: Farcon in Chamonix

Never seen it myself on any menu but I did some searching and found it on the Cremerie du Glacier's website:

lacremerieduglacier.com/restaurant-chamonix they are in Les Bossons. I have eaten there before and had their tartiflette, it was excellent (although I prefer my own).

Edited: 1:26 pm, June 19, 2013
London
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 28
2. Re: Farcon in Chamonix

Farcon is really nice. You can get it as a side dish at lovely Les Vieilles Luges but alas in summer they are by appointment only and you need a big party. If you can get one together, it would be a great place to eat though!

http://www.lesvieillesluges.com

The other place that I know is the other Cremerie des Glaciers in Argentiere - again you need a party, and to reserve in advance, but at least it's only five people. Might be worth calling them anyway?

lacremerieduglacier.fr/Pages_ANG/menus_card.…

You can actually buy it in the supermarket but how good that is I'm not sure.

Reply to: Farcon in Chamonix
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted