We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

geneva to chamonix, by shuttle bus or train withchanges?

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 62
geneva to chamonix, by shuttle bus or train withchanges?

Geneva city not airport.

we have half fare card and family card.

a day trip from Geneva to Chamonix or stay 1 night at Chamonix? we need head to brig after Geneva or Chamonix on 20 Decembe. personally plan to have a day trip from Geneva to Chamonix, back to Geneva and next day train to brig. don't want to carry heavy luggages and just stay at Chamonix for 1 night. any locals or who have done this trip before will think any better way?

thanks

Chamonix, France
1. Re: geneva to chamonix, by shuttle bus or train withchanges?

Shuttle bus gets about 80% of the custom, train the other 20%. Shuttle buses are very convenient, I'd probably recommend that since I wouldn't want to spend all day on a train just to save 25EURO.

Have a nice trip!

Sydney, Australia
2. Re: geneva to chamonix, by shuttle bus or train withchanges?

thank you. after reading for half day, i feel exactly like what you said, shuttle is easier only cost a bit more. but the cable car to aiguilee du midi annually close on 20 dec 2013 on website. do not why, this should be the ski season or too too cold for skiing??? we will arrive on 19 december around 9am, after check in hotel maybe ready to set out from geneva train station around 10 am, hope we can make a day trip to chamonix.thanks again.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
3. Re: geneva to chamonix, by shuttle bus or train withchanges?

I haven't been able to find this year's opening times yet. Where did you manage to find them?

They don't normally close the Aiguille du Midi lift at that time as it is obviously one of the busiest times of the year.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: geneva to chamonix, by shuttle bus or train withchanges?

on their website actually chamonix website it said annual closure.i will check again later on really like to be there as we from australia not easy to get there often.thanks again for your help.

5. Re: geneva to chamonix, by shuttle bus or train withchanges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 21, 2014