We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vignette Switzerland

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Culemborg, The...
reviews: 31
Vignette Switzerland

Hi,

Is it possible to buy the Switzerland vignette for the car in Chamonix or Sallanches? We are going to a campsite in Sallanches which we hadn't planned so we were not able to buy it in Holland. Normal it's possible to buy it in a shop on the swiss border on the road to Martigny but I was wondering if you could buy the vignette before the border.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 6
1. Re: Vignette Switzerland

I have never heard of anywhere selling them, I have only ever been forced to buy one at the border post.

However, if you are only driving to Martigny you do not need one, same with Verbier and also Geneva town as long as you do not drive on the autoroute.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
2. Re: Vignette Switzerland

You can buy them at the Nangy péage on the A40 in the direction of Geneva. Just after the toll barrier there is a service hut.

However I'm not sure if they sell them year round as they usually advertise during December and into January.

3. Re: Vignette Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, August 21, 2013