We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

We plan to travel from Paris to Chamonix in early July. We'll take the TGV from Paris to Geneva Cornavin station. Are there any bus transfer services from Cornavin station to Chamonix?

I've found several bus services to Chamonix from Geneva airport. But It'll be convenient if there is a direct service from the railway station.

Thanks.

London
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 28
1. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

There is the Altibus coach service from just behind the train station. But it's better, easier and probably cheaper to get the train from Cornavin to the airport (these go every few minutes and take about 10 minutes to get there) and then get a transfer from there.

Chamonix, France
2. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

Hi,

The quickest and pretty much the cheapest way to Chamonix is via mini bus transfer from the airport.

The train station at Cornavin is just a very short train or tram stop from the airport train station. Swiss public transport is famously punctual and very easy to use. You could also take some time and make the short stroll from Cornavin to the lake side and enjoy the city for a while before making your way to the airport.

You can then take a transfer from the airport which then only takes just over an hour to Chamonix as it goes directly there. We always use and recommend www.chamexpress.com

Have a great trip.

Boston
3. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

We just used Chamexpress to/from airport and had no issues. Right on time. Friendly and polite drivers.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

Thanks. Really appreciate the help.

London, United...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

Yeah, no problems until you need to adjust your booking in any way! Just tried to change a booking to the next day. ONLY option was to cancel and lose all money and book again!!

Certainly cancelled my booking, but i'm not stupid enough to use them twice!

London, United...
reviews: 117
6. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

I'm in the process of setting up a trip for May myself and I'm reading mixed things about Chamexpress. From the very good to the very bad.

Obviously no company on earth has a perfect record so I'd be really interested in hearing the details of your situation so I can decide whether this is a company I should avoid using or whether you, and others, have just had an unfortunate experience.

How close to the trip are you? Had you booked a non-transferable deal price? Who did you speak to to try and resolve the issue? Were they rude and unhelpful or was it just simply in their terms and conditions that you couldn't change the date?

And, oh, welcome to the TripAdvisor Forums.

7. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:59 am, February 17, 2012
Edited: 6:59 am, February 17, 2012
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
8. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

Did anyone get to read post #7 before it was removed?

I'm betting it was the owner of a transfer company who is in the dog house with Trip Advisor at the moment!

Edited: 7:15 am, February 17, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 117
9. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

Why are they in the dog house? Self-promotion?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
10. Re: Transfer from Geneva Cornavin to Chamonix

The person (who shall remain unnamed) used another poster's real name in a post. And they always include a sneaky link to their website at the end of their posts (which helps with google ranking).