We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surprise first trip to chamonix 4-5 days

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
reviews: 1
surprise first trip to chamonix 4-5 days

I'm booking a surprise trip for my husband's 40th mid Dec09 (with our 6 year old son). We have never skied before and I need help on the formalities etc. We will be staying in apartments at passage de androsace and would like to know the nearest rental shops/ski schools etc.

I think my husband would prefer boarding but I would prefer skiing with my son. Would I be able to book a private lesson for all of us even though it would be a mixed session (i will be trying to book some lessons at home in uk too before we go). Please help!!

Chamonix, France
reviews: 28
1. Re: surprise first trip to chamonix 4-5 days

You are staying right in the centre of town so will have a big choice of shops for everything. There is rental shop in an apartment block on your road. You will be very close to the nursery slopes at Le Savoy, and also not far from the Planards. You can book lessons at both with ESF (they have a website if you search under ESF chamonix. You may have a problem with the timing though. It is quite early in the season and you can't be guaranteed that these areas will be open. The resort usually opens completely just before Christmas. The higher areas often open before this but are not really suitable for complete beginners. Try talking to ESf or Evolution 2, for a better idea of what they can offer early in the season. Both companies will speak english on the phone.

sheffield
reviews: 1
2. Re: surprise first trip to chamonix 4-5 days

Thanks Moo i'll give them a call. Forgot to ask about lift passes. Any advice.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 6
3. Re: surprise first trip to chamonix 4-5 days

This season the passes were 49 euros for 2 days but it was limited to Les Grand Montet.

I would expect something similar next season

4. Re: surprise first trip to chamonix 4-5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 21, 2009