We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva Airport to Chamonix

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Geneva Airport to Chamonix

We are flying with Air France from Singapore to Paris CDG, then transit to Geneva Airport. For the Paris CDG - Geneva Airport flight, I guess we can consider that as a domestic flight.

At Geneva Airport, can I assume that we will end up in the French Sector?

We will be going on to Chamonix from the airport. I found this company called Chamonix Express, which charges 25 Euros per person, for transfer from Geneva Airport to Chamonix:

http://www.chamexpress.com/company.html

Is it ok to go with this company?

I am asking because there is a French Sector and a Swiss Sector in the airport, and I do not know which sector a company picks up passengers.

Can we go from one sector to another easily?

London
reviews: 9
1. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

I used chamexpress last week. Very easy and quick.

When you exit the departure lounge you will see the airport information desk, there will be 20 or so reps holding boards with theoir company names on them. Look for the guys wearing orange jumpers (chamexpress), cost 25euro each way, you must book in advance.

Mark

Singapore
2. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I was actually worried that my checked in luggage would end up in the French Sector.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
reviews: 6
3. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

Your bags most likely will end up on the French side.

You need to check with your airline.

But the Chamexpress leaves from the Swiss side of the airport.

If you do arrive at the domestic side and pick your bags up there there is a passport control post just off the baggage belt room.

Go through there down the stairs and then go through the Swiss passport control and out through the international baggage hall into the Swiss arrivals side.

Ireland
reviews: 1
4. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

Awful Alpybus- Rude unsafe drivers and a company that doesnot stick to the price it quotes. I travelled with my family from Geneva airport to a resort near Chamonix in March 2008. The bus driver was late, appallingly rude and demanded a price in excess of what Alpybus had agreed in writing with me. He drove without care whilst speaking at length on his mobile phone - very unsafe. I feared for the safety of my family. On complaining the company didnot deal with it in a satisfactory manner. I would never recommend this means of transport. Don't travel this way.

Singapore
5. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

Thanks for the feedback. I've booked ChamExpress 2 days ago. Till now I have not received a confirmation from them. I have e-mailed them a couple of hours ago.

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 2
6. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

How is it Threasher ? About your reservation with the chamexpress . Can you tell me more about your reservation ?

Singapore
7. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

They will be closed for the rest of the winter season before my trip. So I had to look for another company, Cham Van, which costs 40 Euros per person.

8. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 pm, January 17, 2009
9. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:46 am, June 14, 2011
10. Re: Geneva Airport to Chamonix

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 24, 2009