We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

Which Annecy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

Friday, June 28 we have a flight from Geneva to Nice at 17:40. There's a Frossard express bus from Annecy to GVA leaving at 14:45 and arriving at 16:00. Based on your experience is that enough time to catch the flight, or do I need to allow more time? Thanks for the help.

London
reviews: 1
1. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

Is the bus going into the centre of Geneva or right into the airport?

Florida
2. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

That's the time the express bus arrives at the airport. Not sure if it stops in town first.

Appreciate your help - thanks

London
reviews: 1
3. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

It's not a big airport, but of course I can't say how long your queue might be. Can you check in before you get to the airport?

Florida
4. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

Not sure - probably. It sounds like it's cutting it too close - and that we need to allow more time at the airport.. Should we be there 2 hours before the flight?

Thanks for your help.

Talloires, France
reviews: 26
5. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

Are you flying from the French sector of Geneva? In theory you should be fine but better safe than sorry... Friday afternoon can be a busy time on the motorway.. If it is a few of you travelling then have a look at a private transfer as well as by car the airport is only 30 mins (in normal traffic).

Florida
6. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

Thanks for the help!! Thinking now we'll rent a car for a few days and drop off on the French sector of Geneva. Our flight is with Swiss air (GVA to Nice) so I assume that flight is on the Swiss side. Should we just plan on dropping off the car 2 hours before our flight at 16:10? More? Thanks again.

We'll be in Talloires for a few days late June - can't wait!!

Talloires, France
reviews: 26
7. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

It is a good idea to get a car, public transport is not the best around the lake so it will make it easier to explore the area.

Talloires is beautiful! Drive up to the Col de la Forclaz for the best view of the lake!

It can be a bit tricky to find the French side for dropping your car back so leave plenty of time and get good directions when you pick the car up. Don't forget that if you use your car in Switzerland you will need to buy a vignette (about 40 CHF).

Florida
8. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

Thank you!

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 66
9. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

So I am arriving with hired car (picked up at Marsailles) and staying at Annecy. Flight back is from Geneva airport. It sounds from this thread that best way to get to airport is simply to drive there. Do I need to buy vignette for this?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
10. Re: Time needed at Geneva airport - bus from Annecy

You can drive to Geneva airport's french sector without driving on Swiss motorways so don't need to buy a vignette: gva.ch/Portaldata/…af.pdf

Get answers to your questions about Annecy