We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkable Annecy in Winter

Which Annecy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 13
Walkable Annecy in Winter

We are planning on staying at the Adagio Annecy Centre over New Years for one week.

Without a car will we still be able to walk to restaurants, shops and markets?

Will there still be cheese shops, bakeries and food markets open during this time?

Thanks!

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 247
1. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

It is about a 10 minute walk to the old town of Annecy and the nearest shops are much closer. Shops will be open as normal, i.e. closed during lunchtime.

London
reviews: 1
2. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

There's a Christmas market from 11/30/12 to 01/06/13 : open daily. Wooden chalets by the lake and in several other places

Annecy, France
reviews: 7
3. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

Adagio City is in the center ! All shopping like Galerie Courier, Galeries Lafayette, Restaurants, gift shops, Buses, Cycles, are very closed ! Don't rent a car it will not be necessary !

If you want to walk in the nature but in the city center, try "la balade du thiou" (the Thiou walk)

savoie-mont-blanc.com/en/…sitraLOI764124

Enjoy !

Chicago, Illinois
4. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

All of the shops are closed?!

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 247
5. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

@parkthis3

I think it is an unfortunate misspelling by florentsc. I think "close" was the intended word.

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

Whew! I was hoping... Thanks!

Annecy, France
7. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

Sorry, all shops are next to your hotel and opened of course !!

Alexandria, VA
reviews: 2
8. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

How late are the Christmas stalls open? We'll not be there until 8ish.

Are there any or many restaurants/pubs/brasseries open 'til 10 or 11pm on a weeknight? It's our last night in Europe before returning, and while we don't want clubs or parties, we would like to have some good wine and/or beer in a cozy setting for our last evening.

Annecy, France
9. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

Shops are opened until 7 PM. Of course you will find restaurants, pubs and brasseries opened until midnight.

Talloires, France
reviews: 26
10. Re: Walkable Annecy in Winter

Everything is open and the Christmas market is lovely. Pop into the Tourist Office in the Bonlieu and ask for a free walking guide - it features 4 simple walks and tells you a bit about the buildings. Have a great time!