We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise day-Toulon to Marseille

Which Toulon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Cruise day-Toulon to Marseille

Hi,

We are also in Toulon on a 1 day cruise stop on Sun Sept 25. Is there a train from Toulon to Marseille? If so, how far would the station be from where RCCL docks? Taxi or walkable? Your thoughts on our plan?

Much apprecate any input,

Larry in Stoney Creek Canada.

Le Pradet, France
reviews: 5
1. Re: Cruise day-Toulon to Marseille

Hi Larry

There are regular train departures right throughout the day. Journey time between Toulon and Marseille St Charles train stations vary from approx 45min to 1hr depending on whether you opt for the TER service (slower train) or the TGV (fast train).

My estimate for the walking distance from Toulon Port to Toulon train station would be at least 1.5km (gradual incline) so I guess you can choose whether to walk or cab it.

For a one-day stopover you'd get a good few hours in Marseille.

Cheers, Pauline

Hamilton
2. Re: Cruise day-Toulon to Marseille

Thanks for the reply, Pauline; sounds very workable.

Larry in Stoney Creek Ontario.

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 119
3. Re: Cruise day-Toulon to Marseille

Hi Larry,

I am trying to do the same you apparently did during your cruise one year ago. I am planning to visit Marseille during our cruise stop in Toulon. How was your experience? Did you finally take a train? Please, advise.

Thank you and regards from Argentina!

New York City, New...
4. Re: Cruise day-Toulon to Marseille

Hi Larry,

Similar to the post above mine, I am planning a day trip to Marseille from Toulon as well in Oct. I am slightly concerned about the time given that the day in Toulon is short. Would be great if you could share your experience.

Thanks!

5. Re: Cruise day-Toulon to Marseille

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 02, 2013