We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this itinerary sound?

Which Saint-Remy-de-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stockport
reviews: 19
How does this itinerary sound?

Planning two weeks in Provence area.

We are planning on basing ourselves at Camping Monplaisir in St Remy for at least a week and doing the following day trips:

Avginon

Pont du Gard (and maybe Nimes?)

Arles

Les Beaux

A day in St Remy looking around and roman ruins

Carmargue

Then pack up tent, head east spending the day driving through Luberon. Possibly spend one night there, then on to Verdun Gorge, for one or two nights, and possibly a day or two on the coast.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the second week. I'm a bit vaugue on the best places to stay after leaving St Remy. (we will be camping if that helps)

Interests are: roman ruins/scenery/wine!

Worcester, United...
1. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

I know that the market day in St Remy is on Wednesday morning and there's supposed to be a very good one in Arles on Saturday morning.

There's an amazing view of the village of Gordes that you can see on google steet view, as you drive along the road up the hill. Roussillon and Fontaine de Vaucluse are said to be very beautiful.

I'm doing a similar tour - staying near St Remy for a week, then possibly driving through Verdon before going to Nice for a couple of nights.

stockport
2. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

Sounds like you are doing similar to us then. I'm now thinking that when we move on from St Remy we will take the scenic route through the Luberon before camping at Moustiers for 2-3 nights to explore the canyon.

:-)

UK
3. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

Assuming you're wanting to start travelling home after the Gorges, you could loop back to Vaison-la-Romaine, in northern Provence - plenty of Roman remains, close to some major wine villages and the scenery is good too, especially driving over Mont Ventoux.

stockport
4. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

Thanks for the suggestion - I shall check it out on the map. It sounds like it ticks all our boxes!

Edited: 10:19 am, March 09, 2010
5. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Remy-de-Provence