We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prepaid sim card

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 16
prepaid sim card

Is there a shop in the Marseille airport where I can buy a pre-paid sim card for my cell phone?

22 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
1. Re: prepaid sim card

Countless places.

The standard Orange, SFR, and Bouygues have outlets throughout Marseille. Phonehouse, the largest independent, has 3 stores in Marseille including 17 Cours Belsunce Centre Bourse.

Lebara sells SIMs at 10€ including time credit and are available at TABAC or Relay stores among other Tabacs or magazine stores.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: prepaid sim card

thanks for the quick response.

I am looking specifically for a shop in the Marseille Airport. I am picking up a rental car at the airport and then driving to Gordes. I won't being going into Marseille (the city) . Is there a Tabac store in the airport that sells pre-paid cards?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
3. Re: prepaid sim card

The Marseille airport is quite a distance from Marseille and I do not think you will find a SIM there.

As you drive out of the airport (or very close by), there is a Carrefour where you can purchase a SIM but it´s less likely Carrefour will have English speakers if your French is not up to the task of explaining what you need. In the shopping complex with Carrefour, there must be an outlet of some type such as Orange, SFR, Virgin Mobile, or Bouygues.

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: prepaid sim card

Much appreciated. Carrefour will be our first official stop in France then.

Bedoin, France
reviews: 10
5. Re: prepaid sim card

There is an information desk at MRS. I suspect you can get the SIM card in the airport, perhaps at the Relay there (as Sarastro mentioned). Either way, the info. desk will be able to tell you and they speak English.

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: prepaid sim card

Thanks, I will check with the information desk first.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
reviews: 3
7. Re: prepaid sim card

There is an SFR outlet not far from the airport on the road to Marignane town. Also a large Intermarche supermarket that may sell them. A SIM card is "une puce" by the way.

leiden
8. Re: prepaid sim card

I also have this same question. We will not have car but will be taking a train first to Salon and then Cavaillon before a bicycle tour this Saturday. But we do not arrive to Cavailon until 5pm....

Will we be able to purchase a SIM in Cavaillon or in Apt (day 2)?

the airport would be great....so we will try there first

this is really helpful as it's a safety issue! thank you very much for any help

leiden
9. Re: prepaid sim card

i think i found SFR stores in Salon.....but will also ask at the airport info...tight on time at airport...

Rehovot
reviews: 24
10. Re: prepaid sim card

To Griaffelt Toronto:

Were you able to get a SIM card at the Marseille airport? What was the final outcome?

Thanks,

Coffeemaven

Reply to: prepaid sim card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted