We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas/New Year in a Provence village. Roussillon for...

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lugano, Switzerland
reviews: 16
Christmas/New Year in a Provence village. Roussillon for...

This is adressed to Escargot who seems to know what he is talking about living in Isle-

sur-le-Sorque. My husband and I are in our early sixties and do not care much for what is going on after dinner time. What I would like to know is if everything is closed up,

including the village markets, shops, museums

and what the weather conditions usually are like. Is it much colder than at the seaside?

Of course everybody is welcome to tell us it

is better to go to Oman or Egypt, bur I love

Provence and Christmas is the period when I

can and want to go away from home.

Micetta

San Francisco
reviews: 4
1. Re: Christmas/New Year in a Provence village. Roussillon for...

We are traveling to Provance the week after Christmas as well. We have heard that most things are closed, but haven't been able to confirm.

Have you found any other information elsewhere?

Isle sur sorgue...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Christmas/New Year in a Provence village. Roussillon for...

Hi,

Well yes it is cold here at the moment 10 degrees today but the sun is shining so Provence is lovely in winter as well. There are some thing which close for the winter but last year I took some clients to the Pope's Palace in Avignon on New Years day and there are certainly plenty of restaurants to choose from.Last week they had more rain and cold on the coast than we did in Provence!The markets in L'Isle is on throughout the winter and if you come at Christmas we have the xmas markets as well in Avignon and Aix.Come to Provence... xmas is lovely.. look at our "Franglais Christmas" on avignon-et-provence.com on the front page under les Carmes!

Lugano, Switzerland
reviews: 16
3. Re: Christmas/New Year in a Provence village. Roussillon for...

To Escargot

Sorry I never thanked you for your answer to my mail in december

last year. We had given up the Idea of going over christmas and

went to the Perigord in the month of may instead.

This year we have decided for Madeira to be sure of a certain tem-

prature.

Provence will have to wait until spring or autumn next year, thank you

again.

Micetta

4. Re: Christmas/New Year in a Provence village. Roussillon for...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 22, 2009