We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to port

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Thanet
reviews: 2
Airport to port

Hi, my Mother and sister are cruising from Marseille in September and are concerned about getting from the airport to the port.

Can someone give me some indication on how long it takes to make this journey assuming that the cruise operator hasn't made any provision.

Thanks in advance.

aix en provence
1. Re: Airport to port

To reach the port from the airport different solutions here 2 of them :

Take a taxi directly to the port, price will be approximatly 40/50 euros - Journey will take 20 minutes

Take the bus which brings you to the main train station of Marseilles ( St Charles ) from there, take a taxi, price of the bus 8.50 euros price of the taxi approximatly 15 euros.

Journey will take 20/ 25 mns (bus) + 15 mns (taxi)

You have to know that some cruises have shuttle bus between the boat and the old harbour ( vieux port ) of Marseilles

Seolane

Isle of Thanet
reviews: 2
2. Re: Airport to port

Hi, thanks for the reply. I think it will be a taxi if there's no shuttle bus.

Stirling, United...
reviews: 25
3. Re: Airport to port

There is a bus from the airport which runs about every 20 minutes to the city. When you buy a return ticket it is open so you can return when need be and costs around 8 Euros each way. very convinient. It takes around 15 minutes to travel from the airport to Marseille.

Toronto
reviews: 1
4. Re: Airport to port

Does the shuttle run 24 hours a day? Our plane departs very early in the morning, and we are staying in downtown Marseille.

Stirling, United...
reviews: 25
5. Re: Airport to port

Hello

Yes the bus runs 24 hours a day. In my previous post I meant to say that you can buy your return ticket at the ticket booth near the terminals 1/2 @ Marseille-Provence airport. The buses run regularly and takes about 15 -20 minutes to and from the airport. Enjoy!

Surrey
6. Re: Airport to port

Just seen your question and the reply you had. Nearly a year gone by and my husband and I have the same question, what isthe most cost effective way of getting from the airport to the Cruise terminal with luggage.

What did you eventually do?

In anticipation and many thanks for any advice you can give

7. Re: Airport to port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, October 03, 2009