We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for 'Sarastro'!

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
westyorks
reviews: 5
Question for 'Sarastro'!

Hi, I have read one of your replies where you mentioned Cassis. I am travelling in party of 6 to Marseilles in November and am looking for accommodation advice. We like quiet, quaint France..appreciate that Marseilles may not exactly be that. Was wondering if it is viable to stay in Cassis and then travel into Marseilles if we fancy it. Is transportation easy and cheap?

Oh and any reccommendations for a B&B would be great!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
1. Re: Question for 'Sarastro'!

Cassis is a beautiful port town:

http://www.ot-cassis.com/

In November the crowds have left and Cassis returns to a peaceful seaside setting. The main attractions here are the picturesque surroundings and boat visits to the nearby cliff shores.

There are several good restaurants:

Nino

on the port

04 42 01 74 32

Fleurs de Thym

5 rue Lamartine

04 42 01 23 03

and excellent hotels:

Le Golfe

3 place Grand Carnot

04 42 01 00 21

Le Clos des Aromes

10 rue Paul Mouton

04 42 01 71 84

Cassitel

place Clemenceau

04 42 01 83 44

The train station is located out of town (3km) but there is regular bus service to Marseille (about 30 minutes away) which leaves from the rond-point du Pressoir (located between the beach and the port).

This would be a perfect place to relax and offers a completely different style than that of Marseille.

westyorks
reviews: 5
2. Re: Question for 'Sarastro'!

Hi!

Thanks for your prompt reply, its appreciated.

I am now wondering if we may be able to make it a 2 centre hol, and stay in Marseilles 3 nights then Cassis 3 nights. If we do it that way, we can get the towny/touristy stuff done first then go to Cassis and chill! The thing is, it is my 40th Birthday on the 5th day of the trip, a Sunday, and would like somewhere really nice to stay, or at least to eat. I know that many places in France close on Sundays, and with it being out of season also..what do you think?

Thanks again!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
3. Re: Question for 'Sarastro'!

I believe your split solution is a good one. Several days in Marseille would offer a nice contrast to the small town feel of Cassis.

With a group of 6, even for November I should call well in advance for hotel reservations. I often stay at Le Clos des Aromes. The welcome is warm and the hotel is cozy though not on the port (it's about a 3-4 minute walk).

4. Re: Question for 'Sarastro'!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, October 01, 2009