We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool in mid-June and scorpions

New York, NY
reviews: 7
Pool in mid-June and scorpions

Hi,

We will be visiting the Luberon region with our 2.5 year old toddler. We were planning on renting a villa with a pool but is the water too cold for a toddler at that time? I know the temperatures will be warm but the water can be colder - thoughts?

We would consider renting in a village if the pool won't be much use. We are also very worried about scorpions with our son running around, so maybe staying in a village (less shrubbery) without a pool is worth it to avoid scorpions?

Would love to get some thoughts.

Thanks so very much and happy new year!

Vidula

Antibes, France
21. Re: Pool in mid-June and scorpions

That law on pool security was brought in a couple of years ago because of the unfortunate number of child drownings. However I am sure it is true there are still renegades who do not obey the law and i have read last season in the local press of one or two fatalities on the Riviera.

Re the scorpions some further lore below from the web about the 3 local varieties. Probably the most intimate way of coming in contact is to leave your shoes outside on the terrace overnight!

riviera.m.angloinfo.com/aa/forum/topic.asp…

Ed

22. Re: Pool in mid-June and scorpions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 09, 2014