We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serre Chevalier ski hols at xmas - Clubhotel grand aigle

Which Villeneuve-Loubet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford
Serre Chevalier ski hols at xmas - Clubhotel grand aigle

Hi we are a party of 10 staying in the above hotel. We need ski school and equipment rental, wonder if anyone could tell us somewhere nearby that we can maybe book online now.

Thanks very much

Kamloops, BC...
1. Re: Serre Chevalier ski hols at xmas - Clubhotel grand aigle

Hi --

Go to www.serre-chevalier.com and select skiing on the home page and then skiing and boarding, and then ski schools and ski rental. I didn't go all the way through the selections so I don't know how complete they are, but this should get you started.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 32
2. Re: Serre Chevalier ski hols at xmas - Clubhotel grand aigle

Hi there. I was in Serre Chevalier twice last year and prebooked equipment hire both times.

Because of the sudden change in the value of the Euro not long before the New Year, I ended up paying over a third more than expected for the first equipment hire.

I searched the web with Serre Chevalier ski hire, and went to shops which are part of the large agencies whose results came up. These are the big hire chains who have deals with lots of ski hire outlets throughout Europe, and let via any of those outlets.

One was Skiset - http://www.skiset.co.uk/j2ski(at Regis Sports, Briancon) and the other Alpinresorts - www.alpinresorts.com (at Krakatoa, Brincon). These 2 agencies both had outlets in the rest of Serre Chevalier.

They have different prices for different grades of equipment to prebook. After paying online, you take a printed confirmation to the shop, having stated when booking when you will collect (can collect from around 4.30 the day before and return until around 12 noon the day after hire).

Alpin Resorts were much cheaper than the first and the skis were not as good, naturally, though O.K. and with good attention from the shop who also told me I could change the skis at any time, for example if I wanted a better carving set. I thought the skis were good for learning though, though not the easiest.

www.serrechevalier.com lists a few other ski hire places in the resort. The main centres of Serre Chevalier - Briancon, St. Chaffrey, Chantemerle, Villeneuve and Monetier each have a good number of ski rental stores. To get details of each shop, you could email the tourist office for each place (I'm not sure St. Chaffrey has one, if not ask Chantemerle, or the main Serre Chevalier tourist office). Make sure to ask for the name of all rental shop in their directory if you want to go the shops' websites and check prices and services.

This is the wrong forum, this one is for a place in the French Riviera, not far from Nice.

A good idea is to use the Briancon forum for Serre Chevalier. I'll write a post saying that.

3. Re: Serre Chevalier ski hols at xmas - Clubhotel grand aigle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Villeneuve-Loubet
More Villeneuve-Loubet Topics