We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
reviews: 48
getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

Hi,

Our flight home will leave Nice in the morning, what is the best way to get to the airport from Villefranche? I know we can take a taxi for about 70 euro. I guess the other option is to stay near the airport the last night, but that will take away from our last day. Are there any other options I'm not thinking of? This will be the first week of June on a Wednesday. Thanks

1. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:49 pm, February 01, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
2. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

I'm sorry pernickety.....I wasn't paying attention to your departure time. My Bad... The bus to the airport doesn't start running until 7:00...so it won't work. I think you are stuck with a taxi...

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
3. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

You can take the train from villefranche to Nice st augustin station, then walk from there

Train takes under 15 mins

walking from Nice st augustin to Lycee hotelier bus stop for airport shuttle- under 10 mins

route map here

…aeroport.fr/content/…20V2.pdf

the first trains of the morning are at

05h30 Arriving :05h43

06h28 arrinving 06h43

and

06h58 arriving 07h13

London, UK
reviews: 58
4. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

Go for the train before the one you really need. That way if one is cancelled or delayed you will still get your flight.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 37
5. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

Take the taxi. The airport is really not that far and who needs to struggle with bags, train platforms, ticketing etc. besides, it is alovely drive. I remember being very surprised at just how close VFSM is to the airport and how relatively little time it took to get to the apartment we were staying in.

Ottawa
6. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

Thanks everyone, we have decided to take a taxi. I'm sure it will be worth the extra cost early in the morning. My husband knows what I'm like for early flights, and said this is the only way to make this work. How early should we be at the airport in Nice, about 2 hours before? When we flew out of Istanbul we needed to get there 3 hours before, but I don't think we need that here.

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
7. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

are you here at the moment?

Ottawa
8. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

No, I am planning for our visit first week of June. I may be asking too many questions, but I like to be very organised.

9. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, February 04, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
10. Re: getting to Nice airport for a 8:30 am flight

Reported for Solicitation....

Flavitoo2008, You can't use these forums to promote your business....it is against the guidelines of TA.