We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel darse - which is the best "room with a view"

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Hotel darse - which is the best "room with a view"

This hotel sounds lovely - but which is the very best "room with a view"?

Jeanette

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
reviews: 6
11. Re: Hotel darse - which is the best "room with a view"

Is bigamy allowed in this debate?

australia
12. Re: Hotel darse - which is the best "room with a view"

Villefranche sounds my kind of place LondonBob!!!! Thanks for your detailed answer. I presume we can bus into Nice for evening meals?

Ireland
reviews: 30
13. Re: Hotel darse - which is the best "room with a view"

Hi Jeanette,

We just got back from Villefranche last week and already I'm planning my next trip. It's a beautiful little town and LondonBob gives really great advice!

We stayed in room 31 in The Darse which had great views. It really is excellent value for money. Where else would you get b&b with a view like that for E40 pppn. Obviously if you want a bit more "luxury" (ie. a bar, restaurant etc) then maybe look for another hotel. But if you want a clean room in a great location then this is the place.

As for cheap places to eat, we both thought it was very reasonable. People are under the illusion that the south of France is expensive but I would completely disagree. (Ok we went to La Chevre D'or for a drink and almost had to remortgage but that was an exception!!) Try a little restaurant called La Caravelle. It's up some steps from the waterfront and is just great. We ate there twice and loved it. The a la carte was quite reasonable but the set menu looked a bargain for E19 for 3 courses. Another one I'd recommend is Au Clair Obscure. They also have 2 set menus (I think) but have the mediterranean prawns. Wow! Also Le Calypso is great for lunch. Moules et frites for E10. Hard to beat. Walked out of La Fille Du Percheur because we were left sitting for 20 minutes and obviously the football was more important to the waiter! Also the food at La Piazza was pretty average. These were just our experiences at these places so I can't speak for everyone.

Go, have a great time and sip at coupe de champagne at one of the bars for me!!

australia
14. Re: Hotel darse - which is the best "room with a view"

Hi Renot - isn't tripadvisor WONDERFUL?? I just love that we can share our ideas about places we love. Thank you so much for your reply - yes, the sort of hotel we prefer is obviosuly like the darse - views, atmosphere, the "experience" of a place, rather than pristine/clinical/5 star....thanks for the wondeful ideas about eating out too!! Jeanette

Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer