We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 20
Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

We are about to pay a deposit for an apartment belonging to this company for our Honeymoon in April 2011.

We would love to read some reviews from people who have stayed at one of the following apartments:

- Beachfront Bliss

- Artist`s Atelier

- Le Petit Bijou

- Le Beau Balcon

- Sur Le Toit

- Waterfront Penthouse

- Romantic Riviera Villa

We researched carefully before selecting our apartment, but only now as we are about to transfer money, are we a little nervous, especially as we keep reading about bogus websites.

Thank you

Destination Expert
for Cannes
reviews: 13
1. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Hello Katie,

No personal experience of any of the properties.

We are always apprehensive about possible bogus rentals websites too, but luckily the vast majority of rental adverts are bona fide especially on the sites that require payment to advertise such as www.holiday-rentals etc. and touch wood we have been lucky so far. :)

We find that an internet search of the property name/ advertiser's name and details often reveals quite a lot of extra information, plus information/grammar on the advert and the advertiser's own knowledge of the property when you email/talk with them

If you get an ill feeling walk away.

It's also worth remembering that fraud works both ways - small genuine holiday home owners are susceptible to scams by unscrupulous "renters" who want to empty their bank accounts, clone their property adverts not to mention trash their property. A genuine owner who takes care of their property may want to check on you too :)

The riviera experience website looks nice and very comprehensive ( but new) and a quick google of the names of the properties shows several on the Holiday-Rentals website with reviews .The advertiser's contact details tally; the phone number given is a mobile in France.

In this case the owner and properties feature on the Villefranche tourist office website too

villefranche-sur-mer.com/pages/…index.php

Would suggest you call and talk to the advertiser- maybe ask for a landline number too to doubly reassure yourself before parting with any money.

Hope this helps

Happy honeymoon!

Norwich, United...
2. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, we will ring the proprietor just to see how we feel about that and indeed we felt the same way in that everything seems "kosher".

London, UK
reviews: 58
3. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

I am sure the website is legit as I know all of the properties but I do have one or two reservations about their blurb. I am fairly sure that Beachfront Bliss is over the Carpacchio Restraurant which means noise until 1.00am or so in summer and anywhere along the seafront has steady traffic going to and from the beach in good weather. I am amused by the idea that you will be staying 'among families that have lived in Villefranche for centuries' as most property has been sold to foreigners and used for second homes. The locals resent this but they do like the money when they sell, as Villefranche has some of the highest prices in the whole of France. A friend who is a local estate agent told me that 'no French person is going to pay 400,000 euro for a small apartment in what used to be regarded as a slum'. Our building is fairly typical as, in addition to us, the flats are owned by a Belgian, a Norwegian and an American.

Villefranche is in a wonderful location with many fascinating places nearby and, if you are not too unlucky with the weather, you will love it.

Portland, Or.
reviews: 6
4. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

My wife and I stayed in the "Waterfront Penthouse" in September of 2009. We loved it. We're going back for an even longer stay in 2011. The property manager was very helpful. I didn't look at any of the other properties but I understand the apartment below the Penthouse was quite nice also. We met

the couple staying there and visited with them briefly concerning their accommodations.

Norwich, United...
5. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Thank you for the replies. We visited Villefranche in June this year, loved it, and that`s why we have chosen it for our Honeymoon.

Garrykennedy...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

We have an apartment in Villefranche and know the properties you name well, they are excellent. We stayed in one of them six years ago before buying ourselves, you will not be disappointed. Good luck with the wedding, relax and enjoy your honeymoon you couldn't make a better choice.

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 5
7. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Hi Katie - We stayed in Le Petit Bijou for one month in April/May this year. You don't have to worry about Riviera Experience being a bogus web site. The owner, Shelley, a lovely American, is a thoroughly trustworthy woman with an interior design ability to die for! The apartment was perfect in every way, and exceeded our expectations. Not sure which apartment of Shelley's you have chosen to stay in, but you can be assured that ALL her apartments are first class and Shelley is an organized, attention-to-detail person who has your best interests at heart. She is friendly, without being intrusive, and is always available to answer any questions about Villefranche sur Mer, or surrounding areas, during your stay. She is a very classy lady! Have a great time, we can't wait to return and stay in one of Shelley's apartments again - we're hoping it won't be too far down the road!

Simon

Victoria, BC Canada

Norwich, United...
8. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your answer, we will stay in the Beachside Bliss apartment. The flat, the view is lovely, we heard just good opinions of Shelly. :)

Katie

Norwich, United...
9. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Sorry, Simon! :)

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 5
10. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

LOL, no problem. Have a wonderful trip. You will fall in love with Villefranche sur Mer.