We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train/bus from nice to st tropez

Which Saint-Tropez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton
reviews: 5
train/bus from nice to st tropez

how do you get from nice to st tropez?

I prefer trains can anyone help?

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
1. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

If you really want to try to do this, go to www.sncf.com. Open the TER link (regional transportation), click on the Provence/Cote d'Azur section of the map of France, fill in your departure and arrival stations, and you should pull up whatever options are available for the date and time you have selected.

But it ain't going to be easy, and you REALLY might want to reconsider the whole idea...

portsmouth
2. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

Not done it myself but think I remember looking on the Net for similar route.Possibly train from Nice to Frejus-TGV may be best-then I think there's a bus service that's possibly run in conjunction with the rail service that connects to St Tropez.Why not break your journey and try St Maxime,St Aygulf or St Raphael-St Tropez is in easy reach from all and they're not as costly!!!.What about www.easycruise.com;I know it's not the train but may be an alternative and stops on route if you're not in too much of a hurry to get to St Trop.

Los Angeles
reviews: 42
3. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

There is a bus from Nice to St. Tropez that leaves from the Nice airport and stops by St. Raphael. Then you have to switch buses to St. Tropez. It takes about 3 hours. However, I strongly recommend renting a car.

London
4. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

I'm going to St Tropez in early August, flying into Nice. I was hoping to get ferry from Nice to St Tropez; there was a ferry in 2001 (I think it was sponsored by Air France), but I can't find any information on the www about timetables. Does anyone know if the ferry still exists?

Hanover, Germany
5. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

There's a ship, but I don't think it's an option for you because it leaves Nice at 9 am:

http://www.trans-cote-azur.com/ang/tca.html

For buses go to …aeroport.fr/acces_stationnement/bus/recherc…

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
6. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

The big problem with getting to St. Tropez by road any time in the summer is that the last few kilometers from Port-Grimaud can take as long as the whole trip from Nice to that point. The only way to avoid that is to arrive VERY early in the morning or quite late in the evening.

But I guess if you have to do it, that's what you have to put up with...

Athens
7. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

visit Visit the http://www.tmr-saintraphael.com/saint.htm.

Boat from Saint Rafael to San Trope, only 20 Euros per adult, alez-retour!!!!

san diego, Ca.
reviews: 2
8. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

Do you know if the traffic ia also bad coming from the opposite direction? I will be traveling from Marseille to St. Tropez in September. We will either take the train from Marseille to Toulon and then take a bus to St. Topez, or we may rent a car. I had heard the traffic was a nightmare, but I wasn't sure if that was just from the Nice direction or if it would be bad coming from the Toulon direction too? Thanks, Sue

reviews: 26
9. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

Trains, boats and planes was a movie--a comedy. Don't experience your own.

Rent the car.

I've used every way possible, from both directions. The hassle factor of getting from the train station in St. Raphael to the boat dock, then from the St. Tropez dock to the hotel just isn't worth it.

Rent the car.

London
10. Re: train/bus from nice to st tropez

ive just tried to access this site: www.trans-cote-azur.com, but it doesnt seem to work once you access the englisg speaking page. does anyone know what time the ferries leave nice to st tropez. i heard that it was 9am, and only on certain days of the week. is this right?

Get answers to your questions about Saint-Tropez