We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to nice-best way to get there?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Paris to nice-best way to get there?

Myself and 5 family member(adults) are arriving in Paris on a Sunday in June and plan on heading straight to Nice for 4 days. We would like to take the train. what is best site to book on (we are in Canada)? Also, can we leave from CDG or is it best to depart from a different station? Price is important, although given the time it takes, I am thinking we should train one way and fly the other. After Nice, we are heading back to Paris for 4 days.

any ides, advice would greatly appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Andrésy, France
reviews: 89
1. Re: Paris to nice-best way to get there?

If you prefer the train book on www.capitainetrain.com 3 months before departure for the best fares. Direct from CDG is less hassle but you'll have more choice from Gare de Lyon. Allow at least 3 hours from plane arrival to train at CDG or 4 hours if from Gare de Lyon. idtgv booking from Gare de Lyon is already open.

Waterloo, Belgium
reviews: 389
2. Re: Paris to nice-best way to get there?

Paris Nice by Air France would be worth checking.

It is a long I haven t taken it, but they called it the 'navette' (shuttle).

It is convenient, and Nice airport is not far from city (although CDG or ORly are farther away than Gare de Lyon

Los Angeles...
reviews: 295
3. Re: Paris to nice-best way to get there?

If you did not yet purchase your air from Canada to France, or if you can change your tickets without too much hastle, I would definitely fly to Nice from Paris CDG. If you have to pay penalty, I would check into purchasing separate tickets on Air France to continue to Nice. These are sometimes surprisingly inexpensive.

For train tickets, the least expensive PREM tickets become available exactly three months (not 90 days) to the day of your travel. It is a long train ride and you will have to leave plenty of time between your arrival to CDG and departure for Nice to account for any incidental delays.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 139
4. Re: Paris to nice-best way to get there?

I use http://en.voyages-sncf.com. I put my place of living as Antarctic, so I don't get sent off to another website which is more expensive. I am waiting for tomorrow so I can book my first-class ticket from Nice to Paris 3 months too the day in advance. It will be 69 euros, and the ride is just over 5 hours. If it is possible to change your flight to take you straight to Nice that would be better

Reply to: Paris to nice-best way to get there?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted