We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire at nice airport

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales
reviews: 85
car hire at nice airport

Has anyone used Holiday Autos recently from Nice airport? Can you tell me where their office is located and were they easy to deal with? Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
1. Re: car hire at nice airport

Typically better to go with a larger organization like Europcar or Hertz.

Vence, France
reviews: 104
2. Re: car hire at nice airport

All the car rental agencies (with an airline office) are in a new building close to terminal 2:

http://goo.gl/maps/zZRvc

When arriving in Terminal 1 you'll have to take the free shuttle bus.

I found a local business (Locauto) much easier to deal with than the call-center-dependent large organisations. "Holder of the credit card to be charged not present at pickup" was not manageable with Europcar (according to their call-center). No problem with Locauto. Popped into their office, left my card details, car was rented a week later, everything worked out perfect.

North Wales
3. Re: car hire at nice airport

Thank you for your help, I've booked a deal through Holiday Autos which is through Citer and they look to be on the airport T2 which is the Easyjet terminal

London, UK
reviews: 58
4. Re: car hire at nice airport

Holiday Autos use a variety of rental firms, all of which are based near Terminal 2. Be careful about insurance. Best value is Holiday Autos own but that won't stop the local agency pressuring you to take our their own on pick up, which can double the rental cost.

Vence, France
reviews: 104
5. Re: car hire at nice airport

Make sure you booked on a full/full policy.

Edited: 5:42 am, March 05, 2014
Destination Expert
for Cannes
reviews: 13
6. Re: car hire at nice airport

The company Holiday Autos is a broker (like its competitor Auto-Europe.co.uk.).

The HolidayAutos brand has been going for many years, but it was sold to Car Trawler last year and I have seen reports that customer service has suffered as a result.

If you have booked a car via HolidayAutos with the supplier Citer, the pickup will be from Citer at the Nice T2 car hire building which is walking distance from T2 Arrivals.

Double check the insurance excess and fuel policy as mentioned above and perhaps compare your quote with what Auto-europe can offer - Autoeurope has a best price guarantee.

Both offer a "free" 48 hour cancellation policy, although I find the wording of the cancellation policy in HAutosT&Cs a little perplexing

Also as Londonbob mentioned, check out zero CDW excess which brings your liability in the case of damage from several hundred euros to zero.

Both brokers offer add-on CDW excess waiver insurance for the duration of the rental, and you may have purchased this already from Holiday Autos

If you haven't already bought zero excess waiver insurance from the car rental broker, alternatively look at buying a separate standalone CDW excess policy from companies like Insurance4Carhire and Questor. These can be cheaper and in some cases more comprehensive.

In any event, if you have pre-purchased full excess CDW from a source other than the car supplier , the supplier will still block an excess amount on your credit card . In the event of a problem you must reclaim costs from the insurer.

Citer offer their own zero excess which will be much more expensive than a pre-purchased excess policy but you will have nothing blocked on your credit card and nothing to pay in the event of damage.

If you go for the cheaper option of pre-purchased excess cover, be sure to decline all offers however pressured or persuasive from Citer when you collect the vehicle

North Wales
7. Re: car hire at nice airport

Thank you for that, it does now say on the Holiday Autos voucher to decline local insurance - it's a good tip

8. Re: car hire at nice airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, March 07, 2015