We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

Hi all,

It will be my first trip to Europe, i'll be going to London (7 Days) & end my trip in Paris (6days). I have 4 days in between which i planned to visit Nice & around Nice (Cannes, Monte Carlo). Is this a good idea? I have researched on Nice, and it appears to be relaxing, lovely & a destination where i can take a breather inbetween 2 cities (which i'm sure i'll be very overwhelmed by).

My current plan is London-fly to Nice-Train to paris- back home :(

Any suggestions? I know Nice will be worthy to visit, but is it somewhere i should be visiting in early May & first trip? Anywhere i should consider instead? Or stick to current plans?

Thanks for your suggestions :)

Singapore, Singapore
11. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

Tplus, I'm not sure if my choice of London-Nice-Paris is odd which why I wanted suggestions. But I don't think it is quite odd because I live in Singapore It's a small city and I haven't seen anywhere like Nice and the Med sea so that would be nice & different.

Singapore, Singapore
12. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

Hi troggs, thanks for the very detailed response I appreciate it! And I would very much want to visit nice, Cannes and the as much of the côté d'azur as i can. Yes I don't want to squeeze too many things/places in one trip. This is my first trip far out and I'll be happy with taking things slow and exploring different things.

Edited: 2:45 am, January 28, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
13. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

Thanks for your response Doby47, I'll check out villages and other areas and see if it intrests me.

Singapore, Singapore
14. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

Thanks LondonBob, you make me do want to go Nice! Sounds just as I'd want it!

Singapore, Singapore
15. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

Thanks for your input man in seat.

I would want to stay in Cannes if I could find an affordable accommodation, nice is more affordable than Cannes and I was thinking it would be easier to leave for Paris from nice without having to lug our luggages around. I am still open to the option tho.

Is it recommended to say stay in Nice for 2 days and Cannes for 2 days? Is this a waste of time? Or should I just keep it to one base place?

Vence, France
reviews: 104
16. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

When it should be relaxing I would stay in one place and I would also consider staying in a smaller village, like Vence.

No need to move to Cannes which can be done in less than a day. Its more or less the Croisette, maybe the old town. But when in Cannes I would consider a short ferry trip to one of the islands. This will be really relaxing, then.

New Haven...
reviews: 31
17. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

So do you have 13 days in total or 17? How many people are you travelling with and what are your age ranges?

I've been to all of the cities mentioned and if it was me, I would break it down as followed if it's a 13 day trip.

4 Days in London, Eurostar from London to Paris for 5 days and TGV to Nice for final 4 days.

If you have 17 days, I would attempt to squeeze in a two day trip to Amsterdam between London and Paris.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for French Riviera - Cote d'Azur
reviews: 26
18. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

Tiffieee, thank you for your very gracious replies...when you've taken time to respond to a question, its' so refreshing to hear back from the poster!

19. Re: First trip to Europe should I go to Nice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 30, 2015