We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrow-in-Furness...
reviews: 4
Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

Hello.

We're hoping to visit Nice soon and have seen some suitable rental properties advertised by Sunlight Properties. We've never come across this company before when we have visited Nice so just wondered whether anyone else has used them, are they a genuine company and how was the service provided.

Thanks,

35 replies to this topic
California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 37
1. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

That agency's name has never, as far as I remember, come up in the forums here before--perhaps it's new.

London, UK
reviews: 57
2. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

I see their website is under construction and they talk of letting when they mean renting. Doesn't seem very professional to me.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

I'm an American writer who lived in France for 6 years and met my husband in Nice. We're now living in the States. I don't own this agency or have any vested interest in promoting them. Unless they have changed hands, they were created as a new venture of a very successful and reputable REAL ESTATE AGENCY in Nice. The agency is called CHEZ RIVIERA and the owner of the agency is Irish -- named Aideen O'Brien. Super sharp, straight and professional. She succeeded in not only selling our French apartment when three other agencies had totally failed, but she sold it for the right price in record time. She has this reputation in Nice--a city where real estate agencies are proverbially lazy. I would email her directly:

aideen@chezriviera.com

They are VERY centrally located in Nice (Best part of town) and everyone at the agency is on top of their game and speaks English. Ask her if she is still affiliated and can she vouch for their dependability and service. ALL my dealings with Aideen and her staff have been better than can be imagined--including a rental we had booked through SUNLIGHT and had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in the family. They accommodated us very generously. Hope this helps.

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

Just an FYI -- "Letting" is the British English word for "Renting" (US)

The agency is Irish -- so they'll use words like FLAT / (Apartment) LIFT / Elevator / and LETTING (Renting) !

:)

Los Angeles...
5. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

I'm an American writer who lived in France for 6 years and met my husband in Nice. We're now living in the States. I don't own this agency or have any vested interest in promoting them. Unless they have changed hands, they were created as a new venture of a very successful and reputable REAL ESTATE AGENCY in Nice. The agency is called CHEZ RIVIERA and the owner of the agency is Irish -- named Aideen O'Brien. Super sharp, straight and professional. She succeeded in not only selling our French apartment when three other agencies had totally failed, but she sold it for the right price in record time. She has this reputation in Nice--a city where real estate agencies are proverbially lazy. I would email her directly:

aideen@chezriviera.com

They are VERY centrally located in Nice (Best part of town) and everyone at the agency is on top of their game and speaks English. Ask her if she is still affiliated and can she vouch for their dependability and service. ALL my dealings with Aideen and her staff have been better than can be imagined--including a rental we had booked through SUNLIGHT and had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in the family. They accommodated us very generously. Hope this helps.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
6. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

Susan......LondonBob is from the UK. He doesn't need you to explain the term "letting" to him.

Brussels
reviews: 9
7. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

<LondonBob is from the UK. He doesn't need you to explain the term "letting" to him.>

The website uses the word "let" when, even in British English, it should be "rent" http://www.sunlightproperties.org/

tripadvisor.co.uk/RentalPropertyManager-a_ma…

Nice, France
8. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

Interesting. Please explain the difference then? Would love to know!

I found several sites and it seems that the terms 'to Let' and 'to Rent out' are interchangeable.

uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index…

Winchester
reviews: 10
9. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

Hi. Did you book with Sunlight Properties in the end? The only reason I ask is because I am about to make a booking and I would love to hear about your experiences with them. Many thanks. Miranda

Barrow-in-Furness...
reviews: 4
10. Re: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals

Hi Miranda. We didn't book with them in the end s the apartment we wanted wasn't available. However we will certainly think about it again next year so would appreciate any info you may have if you do book through them.

Reply to: Sunlight Properties - Apartment Rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted