We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC, NY
reviews: 40
Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

We have a 7 a.m flt out of NCE to CDG. Although we are staying in Cannes we think that the day before the flt we should travel to Nice, spend the day and night, and then head to the airport early that next morning.

During a weekday morning about how long would it take to get to NCE from the Promenade early in the morning? Ten minutes or so, or a bunch more? For a 7 a.m. flt we should leave about 5:45 a.m.? Yes, we have luggage to check in. Alternatively, if we remain in Cannes, we figure we have to leave Cannes by 5 a.m. at the latest, which is not a great departure time and we think would add a bunch more stress. Thanks in advance.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 16
1. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

Getting to the Nice airport about an 1 to 1/2 hours in advance of your early flight should be adequate, assuming it's not a holiday. The airport is a reasonable size, and lines usually move quickly.

How long it would take to get to the airport from the Promenade des Anglais depends on from WHERE on the Promenade, which is a very long boulevard. And how do you want to travel--bus, taxi?

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo
reviews: 152
2. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

One thing you really will not have to worry about at that time of the morning is traffic on the motorway. So I would ask if an extra 45 minutes in bed for a start that is still very early, is really worth the hassle of packing and changing hotels?

I would allow half an hour in Nice to get to the airport, to allow for loading the bags in the taxi, getting them out at the other end, paying the driver etc. I often go for one of those 7am flights, there are several, and the airport can get very busy.

London, UK
reviews: 54
3. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

Why not stay at an airport hotel? The Campanile is a five minute walk from Terminal 1.

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
4. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

An early taxi will be about 30-35 euros. You might as well get an airport hotel and walk in the morning.

There are plenty of buses to the aiport hotels including at night till about 1.30AM , so you can explore Nice easily the day before

Edited: 5:08 am, June 27, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 172
5. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

I can think of few things more depressing than staying at an airport hotel.

Is your flight international - if so you need more time. Back to Paris? If so I would leave at 5/515 but I'm risk averse.

Ireland
6. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

It's not depressing if you are using it as a sleeping base the night before you leave. You can enjoy a late meal and drink and get the night bus back to your hotel.

New York City, New...
7. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

I did not say "it is" depressing. I said "I" find it so.

Nice is beautiful and deserves to be enjoyed from a beautiful place c

Ireland
8. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

Yes it is depressing from your perspective!

Louisville, KY
Destination Expert
for French Riviera - Cote d'Azur
reviews: 26
9. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

I agree that the neighborhood surrounding the Nice airport hotels is anything but interesting, but the whole purpose of us moving from Cannes to Nice for an early morning flight is so we can have an easy morning. Hence, we stay at an airport hotel, and the night before out flight is when we do our traveling back and forth from the airport and Nice's old town. We stay at the Novotel Arenas and though this hotel is a typical airport glass and chrome structure (hardly, "boutique!"), it's a good hotel and the staff is is pleasant:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187234-d232364…

Here is the Campanile that was mentioned earlier. This hotel isn't high on "frills," but it's also less expensive and another good option:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187234-d197213…

Both of these hotels have airport shuttles, but from my experience at the Novotel, you should let the desk know you need a ride...this wasn't a continual run. Besides the bus mentioned earlier, there is a taxi rank to your left as you walk out of the Novotel. This is obviously not going be your most economical means of transportation, but it's an option, at least one way or the other.

The Nice airport is one of the most efficient airports I've flown through, but I have been there when there's been an apparent cruise ship "dump." When this happened, it was the lines for baggage check that moved especially slowly, and I always err on the side of caution. When I'm on a trip like this, I allow for plenty of time for things to go wrong and I'm happy when they don't. When I've flown to Paris from Nice, I've been put on one of those bus transfer shuttles to an outlying plane, and while I don't know if this happens on every Paris flight, it's been an occurrence for me. When I know that this is a possibility (at any airport!), I make sure I'm at the gate with time to spare. There's no dash down a jetway when there is this kind of boarding.

New York City, New...
10. Re: Very early flt out of NCE; how long by taxi to airport?

I can (maybe) understand staying near the airport if 1-your city is otherwise far and 2- the airport is difficult to navigate.

But the Nice airport is so close to Nice and pretty user-friendly. I recommend not ruining your last night.