We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice to marseille by train

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
nice to marseille by train

hi we are going to nice for 4 days and making our way to marseille. we have 4 days to spend before flying out of marseille.. any suggestions for places to stop along the way by train?was thinking toulon for 2 nights but am open to other suggestions ?? thanks

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 16
1. Re: nice to marseille by train

Spend two nights in Avignon, where there's a lot to see. You could also stay one day in Aix-en-Provence. My top choice, however, would be to spend the time in and near the Roman city of Arles. All these cities are on the train line.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
2. Re: nice to marseille by train

For the best prices, book direct with the train operator as far ahead as possible. Tickets go on sale 3 months before travel, and the cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. The discounted prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer. See en.voyages-sncf.co,/en

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 43
3. Re: nice to marseille by train

I happen to like Toulon, but most people would view it as one the "lesser lights" of the South of France.

Good advice from Catullus...stop in Arles.

Remember that Marseille is the "European Capital of Culture" this year and there are lots of events and festivals going on.

marseillecityofculture.eu/capital-of-culture…

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: nice to marseille by train

thanks for your reply..could we get a 4 day ticket to cover all travel?

5. Re: nice to marseille by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:16 am, May 27, 2013
Edited: 6:16 am, May 27, 2013
Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
6. Re: nice to marseille by train

There are a variety of train tickets that may cover your travel, but i would need to know more about your group-ages, numbers, where exactly you want to travel , dates etc

Edited: 6:02 am, May 27, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
7. Re: nice to marseille by train

hi, we are leaving nice on 25th june and going to aix-en provence for 2 nights and the perhaps avignon for a night and flying home from marseille on 29th of june

Dublin, Ireland
8. Re: nice to marseille by train

there are two of us in our late 20's

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
9. Re: nice to marseille by train

It will take a while to work out your options If i don't get back to you by tomorrow nigt, send me a PM and remind me

You would also have coach options which depending on timings can be a shorter jounrey time , but far less scenic as it is by motorway

Dublin, Ireland
10. Re: nice to marseille by train

pk thanks very much..a lot people recommending arles as a must visit place too..so that might be an option too for a night. thanks again