We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st of May - transfer to the city

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
reviews: 19
1st of May - transfer to the city

I found out that 1st of May is the only day of year in Nice when the airport buss is not going. And of course this is the day we've chosen to land on Nice airport.. :) But how is it with the taxis? Still available on a normal price range on that day? Since there's 5 of us, I guess it's the best to have a fixed price airport shuttle instead of two taxis. Are there any reliable shuttle companies?

We will stay near Place Massena. How much does it normally cost from the airport?

Thank you in advance!

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
1. Re: 1st of May - transfer to the city

A normal taxi is 30-35 euros for 4 people

There will be some trains running for Nice st augustin in to Nice ville station on may 1st

On the 1st may it will be difficult with the number of people who normally take buses competing for taxis

Plus the fact that you are a group of 5 would make me pre-book a shuttle

I have used ats in the past successfully [when i lived in antibes] but don't have recent experience with them [i now live in Nice]

http://www.a-t-s.net/

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
reviews: 6
2. Re: 1st of May - transfer to the city

yes, taxi will charge you like a sunday/holiday day and you will need 2 as your are 5. (=2*40 euros ?)

I think you could find waiting at Nice airport even the 1st of may, hundreds are waiting in continue everyday

(but more difficult to find in Nice Center)

but from now, ask a quote to different shuttle companies for a Van

(as sunday and night hours, they will charge you also +20/30% of the normal price= may be 50 euros ?)

walk + train is also a solution but check before the train schedule as it's also a limited schedule (every hour ?) = 1.5 euro one way may be per person

3. Re: 1st of May - transfer to the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 21, 2014