We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help with moving around via Bus to Gare de Nice

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Haven...
reviews: 31
Need Help with moving around via Bus to Gare de Nice

Ok, so i'll be Nice during Grand Prix weekend in a couple of months and I'm trying to figure out the best way to move around via bus in getting to and from the apartment I have rented.

I will be staying at the intersection of Blvd de Magnan and Ave. de Bellet in and around the Magnan section of town.

From what I can gather, walking down to Ave. de la Californie makes the most sense to catch bus # 23 which looks to take me to Gare de Nice directly if I'm reading the bus schedule correctly. But how do I get back to my apartment from the train station?

From what I saw by reading the bus schedule was that certain buses only go in one direction and do not double back. If this is the case and I am reading this correctly, since I wouldn't be able to take Bus #23 back to my apartment, what bus would I need to get back home?

Also, I plan on being out late on Friday and Saturday. On Friday I plan on being in Monaco until the wee hours and will take bus 100 back to Nice and on Saturday Night I plan on being in Cannes until the wee hours as well and will be taking bus 200 back to Nice. My question in regards to that is it seems that those buses don't drop me anywhere near my apartment and more in the city's center. Are there any other buses that can get me home at around 4 in the morning from where bus 100 and bus 200 will let me off in Nice?

I'm really kicking myself for booking this apartment without doing more research on the city but what's done is done and I now have to work around it. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
1. Re: Need Help with moving around via Bus to Gare de Nice

bus 23 does not go all the way to the station , it continues up bd gambetta so closest stop is Thiers/gambetta

However, bus number 12 connects magnan and the station from early morning till about 8.30pm

timetable here

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2012%20(au%2003%2009%2012).pdf

aftere bus number 12 has finished there is a nightbus N4 till about 1am

N4 timetable

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%20N4%20(au%2003%2009%2012).pdf

bus N100 back from monaco will let you off at Magnan/promenade

cg06.fr/cms/…noctambus_100.pdf

the last N200 night bus is at 2.30am -2 options for stops the airport or requesting place massena [it may be that the driver would let someone off at magnan but absolutely no guarantee since the only request stop is place massena on only the last bus as it heads to the depot]

N200 timetable

cg06.fr/cms/…noctambus_200.pdf

Edited: 10:43 am, February 15, 2013
New Haven...
2. Re: Need Help with moving around via Bus to Gare de Nice

Ok, so Bus # 12 I would catch on Ave. de la Californie and this is the bus that I can take both to and from the train station without any transferring correct?

As far as the N4, is there a more detailed route map for that bus that you can posted? I see that it leaves from J.C. Bermond and it looks like the route ends at Saint-Laurent-du-Var but it doesn't show much inbetween. Also, I'm not exactly sure where that J.C. Bermond station is in corolation to Gare de Nice. Finally, would I get off in Magnan on Ave. de la Californie or does this bus (N4) only run along Promenade de Anglais to whereas I would get off there?

As far as the getting home from Cannes late at night, that doesn't seem like such a great idea since the final stop is the airport which would still put me a ways away from the apartment. I'll try to make sure I'm back from there early enough so that I can catch the last train back to Nice instead of taking the bus back and I'll probably more than likely take the N4 back from the train station or J.C. Bermond like you stated I would have to catch it from.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a handle on things.

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
3. Re: Need Help with moving around via Bus to Gare de Nice

yes, you can take bus 12 to and from station

bus N4 stops/picks up at the station and stops/picks up at Magnan , It does not go along the promenade, it goes along rue de France and bd de la californie -it has a sort of circular route

Intermediate timings/stops for the n4 here

www.lignesdazur.com/horaires_ligne/…

Edited: 11:47 am, February 15, 2013
New Haven...
4. Re: Need Help with moving around via Bus to Gare de Nice

Thanks selkieNice

5. Re: Need Help with moving around via Bus to Gare de Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2014