We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Park - Too Cold in May?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 4
Water Park - Too Cold in May?

We have a day in Nice off our cruise on May 20th. We will have a 4year old and a baby with us and were looking at going to one of the Wtaerparks nearby - but will it be too cold that time of year?

I don't want to take 2 children and then be freezing .. it has happened to us before in Italy :(

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does anyone have any rental car recommendations? Have done a very quick search and what I have found seems very expensive so any recommendations there would also be appreciated please

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
1. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

The average temperature in May is 20 degrees centigrade....

Edited: 6:11 pm, January 10, 2013
Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
2. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

Aquasplash and aqualand don't open till 15th June

It will be almost certainly warm enough to paddle etc in the sea in Villefranche, Beaulieu, Cap ferrat

Are you siure you boat docks at Nice -many cruises put in at Villefranche and call it Nice

London, UK
reviews: 57
3. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

For 20 degrees in Nice, read 25 in Ireland, as the sun is so much hotter. Unless you are very unlucky with the weather you will be too hot rather than too cold.

Ireland
4. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

THank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it!

Its more the water temperature I'd be concerned about tbh. When qwe went to Italy a few years ago it was probably about 18 degrees and a lovely day but the water in the park was freezing! ... The park was also empty which should have given us a clue lol .. Just wondering if its usual for it to be warm enough in Nice in May I suppose :)

Antibes, France
5. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

I don't know if you've tested your children in the sea at say Strandhill Co.Sligo in August. If they liked that they will be flying in Nice or Villefranche in late May where the water will be far warmer.

Ed

Nice
Destination Expert
6. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

water parks/swimming pools and the sea are very different from pov of water temperature.

The water at Villefranche, Beaulieu and cap ferrat will be warm enough -some tourists are swimming just now at Nice, which is far deeper and larger expanse of water , which does not warm up as fast

Ireland
7. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

Apologies selkieNice, I didn't see your post before for some reason.

Yes, we will be docking in Villefranche rather than Nice.

Could you recommend a nice beach to visit with our children? Are there ones with sand rather than pebbles?

We were thinking of hiring a car but am open to suggestions and recommendations on how to spend our time or where we should go please?

Ed, we haven't tried the kids in the sea in Strandhill in August ... I would imagine it would be pretty cold without a wetsuit?!

We could take a wetsuit for the older boy but not sure for the baby .. is there even such a thing so small?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
8. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

As mentioned before....the beach in Villefranche is a great spot for kids...

Nice
Destination Expert
9. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

Villefranche is the handiest as it is close to where you tender in. It is sand and tiny pea sized stones, ideal for kids

You won't need a wetsuit in may

Ireland
10. Re: Water Park - Too Cold in May?

Thank you again for your reply. I have been doing a little more reading and see mention of the beach in Cannes - is this one a 'sandy' one do you know?

I also see mention of an interesting playground - I think in Monte Carlo from memory?

I think we will may hire a car so would be interested in the nicest / best beach to go to with children if you could make any more suggestions please?