We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

footpath from Hopital Anglais to Villefranche

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
British Isles
reviews: 12
footpath from Hopital Anglais to Villefranche

To Destination Expert Nice or other

Do you know if the above footpath is open now ?

Last year we treked round from Nice only to find it closed due to a rockfall.

London, UK
reviews: 60
1. Re: footpath from Hopital Anglais to Villefranche

Recently it was closed for maintenance but, in my opinion it is not nearly as a nice walk as going through the Parc Du Mont Boron, where you don't have to keep watching where you are putting your feet and has much better views..

British Isles
reviews: 12
2. Re: footpath from Hopital Anglais to Villefranche

Thank you Bob

we will certainly try Mt Boron. Which would be your prefered starting point from the harbour ?

Further to that which would be your recommended bar for a party of 6 seniors, all of whom like a drink ?

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
reviews: 41
3. Re: footpath from Hopital Anglais to Villefranche

Bus #14 will bring you to Mont Boron. Get off at the last stop, from there there is an easy access to the top of the hill with beautiful panoramas, then you retrace your footsteps back to the bus stop and take a forest path through the park.

London, UK
reviews: 60
4. Re: footpath from Hopital Anglais to Villefranche

rambler,

I spent several hours yesterday working on detailed, illustrated instructions for the walk from the port to Villefranche then somehow failed to save them! Will do again sometime this week and, if you send me a private message with your email address, will let you have a copy.

I never much liked alcohol and gave up completely about 20 years ago, so don't know much about bars.

All the best,

Bob

5. Re: footpath from Hopital Anglais to Villefranche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 17, 2013