We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AutoEurope.com

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York
reviews: 16
AutoEurope.com

When I receive a price quote from AutoEurope.com does it include all fees and taxes?

Am I safer renting directly from Hertz - picking the car up at the airport and then returning the next week to a satellite location downtown?

Thanks for any advice!

London, United...
reviews: 3
191. Re: AutoEurope.com

Ahaha.. You are right, it will be shame on me if I continue replying to the idiot..) Good luck to you..

P.S. Always feel sorry to angry people.. Relax and enjoy you life

UK
192. Re: AutoEurope.com

What happened, Lizaveta? Problem stories can help future service users to avoid pitfalls.

It's perhaps worth saying that car rental quotes for UK users are not structured as they are for north Americans, so transatlantic comments can be irrelevant.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 295
193. Re: AutoEurope.com

AutoEurope or Europcar??

Philadelphia...
reviews: 43
194. Re: AutoEurope.com

We rented from Auto Europe 5 years ago it was great. We rented from Auto Europe 8 months ago and had over 200 Euro in extra charges. When discussing these charges they reported "we are just the middle man". I think I will rent form Hertz or Sixt directly from now on.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 54
195. Re: AutoEurope.com

Here's my experience with AutoEurope.com and Europcar this last September:

Pick-up at Gare du Nord, Paris. Return at Rouen train station

Booked online, got a rate of $460 for 5 days automatic car, payable immediately to AutoEurope, plus fees to be charged by Europcar. (You should remember to choose rate with free change / free cancellation. If you don't like the extra fees as outlined in the contract, you can shop elsewhere). In our case, the fee adds up to 90 EUR or so.

A few weeks later, we shopped around for better rate, and found the same car, also from Europcar through AutoEurope website for $275. I contacted AutoEurope, and they do price match (price adjustment in this case), and refund our credit card for the difference. It was a good experience dealing with AutoEurope reps in North America.

When we pick up the car, it was not clean to North American standard, there wasn't any paper you can fill out for existing damage / scratch, no attendant to check us out. We took pictures of the car in the garage before taking off. We got a four door Toyota hybrid but the gas mileage wasn't that great.

When returning the car in Rouen, car rental return was not sign posted (or not in a way obvious to us North American). No attendant to check us in either. We parked the car, took picture, and had to walk around the station to find the Europcar counter and return the key. We would have felt better if someone was there to check us in, give us a receipt. We asked the lady at the counter for a receipt, but she said it's not necessary, the extra fees would be charged to the credit card on file. We found it kind of odd. Somebody could have stolen the car in the meantime, and they would blame us for not returning the car ?!? We felt a bit nervous for the next two days about the whole process. Not sure if this is unique to Europcar Rouen train station or is this the way it is in Europe. We had never rented a car outside of North America until this trip.

After coming home, the charge from Europcar was exactly as outlined on the rental agreement with AutoEurope.

Would I use AutoEurope again? Definitely, they stand behind their "lowest price guarantee" claim. Europcar? Maybe, it depends on which country and whether Europcar has a big presence there.

Just my 2 cents.

196. Re: AutoEurope.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, March 26, 2014
Edited: 8:35 pm, March 26, 2014
Bildeston, United...
197. Re: AutoEurope.com

can you rent a car from auto europe without a credit card? we are going to nice in the summer and don't have one. if they want extra insurance, any idea's how much it will cost please as I think it will work out cheaper and easier to hire a car than get transfers :-)

Destination Expert
for Cannes
reviews: 13
198. Re: AutoEurope.com

alexis1403

Not as far as I am aware

But you can rent direct from some of the car hire providers.

For example:

www.avis.co.uk/blog/avis-payment-methods/

Kristinehamn...
reviews: 5
199. Re: AutoEurope.com

Dont use Autoeurope!

I made a deal in November to hire a car from April 20th. On the voucher it says that Citers office is closed that day. Still it was possibly to make a reservation and pay. I asked them today what solution they have in this case and they just dont care! Only offered med to rent a car 100 E more expensive from another firm... What have happened on Sunday if I havn´t noticed or took for granted that everything was OK?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
200. Re: AutoEurope.com

This makes no sense Karin W. Autoeurope´s website clearly notes when offices are closed and will not allow bookings or pickups during closed periods. Pickups on a Sunday are always problematic unless you use an airport or possibly a train station.

Did you make this booking on line or did you call? From what city do you want to pickup? Autoeurope always honors the price you have been quoted. Something here is amiss.