We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment on rue malonat

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
County Galway...
reviews: 10
apartment on rue malonat

Hi all,

we have booked an apartment on rue malonat, I know its in vieux nice, but is it a quiet area, and are there shops nearby to buy food etc?

Also is it close to gare routiere please?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
reviews: 19
1. Re: apartment on rue malonat

I think this street is not very noisy even in summer (you do not say when do you come !) except may be if there are some drunk guys or crying (speciality in old town the night)

bus station : 10 min by walk

food : you will find in the old town many small shops and also a great market

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
2. Re: apartment on rue malonat

sorry I wanted to say shouting and not crying ::))

County Galway...
3. Re: apartment on rue malonat

Hi,

we visit in may from 20-31, so we hope this will be a good time for us.What I need to know will there be some shops to buy fresh pasta in, and are there bakeries and patisseries nearby?

Merci.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
4. Re: apartment on rue malonat

yes, you will find all shops

it's just after the week of the formula one in monaco = there will have less tourists, it's a better choice

County Galway...
5. Re: apartment on rue malonat

Nice French thank you for your help and information.

mom89

honolulu
reviews: 30
6. Re: apartment on rue malonat

Small world. I'm happy to say we have stayed more than once on Rue Malonat. It is well located near the flower market and many, many small and interesting shops and dining spots. Rue Malonat itself is a pedestrian street and you will need to cary your gear about 50 meters to your apartment, so travel light. The walls tend to be quite thick in the olod buldings and it is generally quiet and peaceful at night. You can also walk east toward the harbor, or down along the Promenade des Anglais and the large pedestrian area across the park.

County Galway...
7. Re: apartment on rue malonat

robhnl,

so glad to hear of first hand experienceof Rue Malonat, as I was concerned it would be noisy at night.

So looking forward to our holiday in May.

Many thanks again.

8. Re: apartment on rue malonat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 28, 2010