We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunny Isles Beach...
reviews: 8
best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

Please can someone give me good advice? My cruiseship departs from Monte Carlo (Monaco) in just one week. I'm flying to Paris, and then to Nice. What's the best way to get to the port in Monte Carlo from Nice?

Andrésy, France
reviews: 89
1. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

You can take helicopter direct from the airport to Monte Carlo. Alternatively I think there's a bus. Check out the Nice Airport site where transport connections are listed.

Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 42
2. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

Assuming you will not elect to go by helicopter :) .... there are a number of options depending on how much luggage you have... and how much you would spend on your comfort....

Taxis : are always there.... door to door... fare : € 70+ ?

Buses: Regular daily connections to Monacao ; departing every hour , from 9:00AM to 9:00PM. Journey time: approximately 45 minutes. Fare is 13 € for one-way

Trains: there are frequent trains from Nice 's Main Station to Monaco.... but then you will need to get from the Airport to the station.. I believe it is a hassle ....

Sunny Isles Beach...
3. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

Sherif, do the buses go directly from the airport in Nice to the cruiseship port in Monte Carlo? I will check the Nice airport website, thank you.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
reviews: 11
4. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

I suggest you take info on shuttles from ATS. They could pick you up at the Nice Airport and bring you to the Port inMonaco. They are effeicient, reasonable in price and always there on time (and most drivers speak a good English).

http://www.a-t-s.net/index.php?id_entity=539

Sunny Isles Beach...
5. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

I have emailed the transport company you recommended, yymca. Thank you; I'll let you know what they say. Their website does not permit pricing for the port. Incidentally, what is the special meaning of the Beatles for your photo?

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
6. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

The Beatles changed my life on feb 19 1964 when I saw them on the Ed Sullivan Show. They were important for me enough to make me work in the music business as a CPA.

I am surprised you didn't get a price on the ATS site. Every time I make a reservation I know the price instantly. Did you go through the whole reservation process ? Try it and stop before giving out you credit card info, you should then get a quote for the price.

I am sort of a regular on ATS every time I go to Nice (at lesat once a year) and I can assure you that shared shuttles are quite often not shared at all. It is not always worth choosing that option unless you are leaving your hotel very early in the AM and don't feel like seeing anyone 'cause you are going back home and to your working routine!

Sunny Isles Beach...
7. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

I am a huge Beatles fan also, and also remember seeing them on that same Ed Sullivan Show. The website does alot, and I can see how it would be useful, but from the Nice Airport, it only gave me the option of Nice central as a destination. It did indicate that if I needed anything different from what was offered automatically, that I should call or write, so I emailed. I'm sure they will answer me promptly, and I will call if they don't.

London, UK
reviews: 57
8. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

For one person the helicopter is cheaper than a taxi! I saw the Beatles in 1961. When they made their first record I remember thinking that I hope they do well. By the way, John used to live in house not far from where I live. He sold it to Ringo when he moved to New York.

Sunny Isles Beach...
9. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

Londonbob: I was assuming that the helicopter would be ridiculously expensive...maybe I am wriong...how much are we talkin' about here? Thanks for the suggestion; is there a site?

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
10. Re: best transport from Nice airport to cruiseship departing...

Here's the link for copters from Nice Airport.

…aeroport.fr/acces_stationnement_en/helico/