We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
reviews: 17
Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

Anyone know if there are still no lockers at Cannes train station. We are thinking of dropping our hired car in Cannes and taking the train to villefranche sur mer later in the day. But would like to spend some time in Cannes without our bags!

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
1. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

The lockers were expected to be unavailable for around 10 months -suggesting a re-opening time sometime from march 2012 onwards

Dublin
2. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

Thanks for the quuick reply. We are going in April, in case you are there in the meantime would you mind letting me know if they have been reinstalled? And you might let me know, is Cannes an easy place to drive around. I thought it would be easier to get a train to Villfranche from there rather than dropping the car off in Nice?

Nice
Destination Expert
3. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

I will post an update about the lockers

I don't drive so i am probably not the best person to ask about driving in Cannes - however i am not sure what you are asking regarding visiting Villefranche and egtting train from cannes or dropping car off in NIce

Villefranche is usually ok for parking in April -it does run out of parking in the height of the season

Nice has park and ride car parks called parcazur.which are handy and cheap when connecting to public transport

The train ride from Cannes to villefranche is considerably longer than train from Nice

Dublin
4. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

We are hiring a car for the first week of our trip and are based outside Montpellier, we are then going to go to Villefranche sur mer. I think we could do without the car for the second week, as there seems to be a good train service. therefore I would have to drop the car either in Nice or on the way. It seemed to me that Cannes might be an easier place to drop the car - rather than to try and find the Hertz place in Nice? And then take the train to VSM, what do you think?

Nice
Destination Expert
5. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

Hertz office in cannes is at the end of rue d Antibes- just over a kilometer walk from the station - 10-15 mns depending on walking speed and amount of luggage.I suppose the driver could drop off a passenger with luggage then take car back

There are hertz offices beside Nice airport , at the main station in Nice and Avenue Gustave V

There is a Hertz office across from st raphael station.

Destination Expert
for Cannes
reviews: 13
6. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

The luggage lockers should be back by April judging by current progress.

Driving in Cannes is fine in April but Hertz in Cannes is a bit of a hike from the railway station and you may get frustrated by the one way system if you try to drop someone off with luggage (Avis has an outlet right outside the rail station if that helps)

Unfortunately Hertz in Beaulieu which would be easiest only opens from May to Sept

I would drop the car at Nice railway station

Dublin
7. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

Thanks a million. That's really helpful.

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 27
8. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

We are travelling to Cannes this month and just wanted to check whether the lockers are available now at the station

Nice
Destination Expert
9. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

They are supposed to be shut. till October 2012.

There is still very clearly a lot of work needing done at Cannes station [as of today on passing through ] so i have no idea if the projected October date for finishing is accurate or not

Edited: 3:58 pm, May 23, 2012
Destination Expert
for Cannes
reviews: 13
10. Re: Luggage storage at Cannes Train Station

This is an old post .

The works being done seem far more ambitious than originally expected.

Completion of railway station renovations and re-opening of the luggage storage lockers have been put back by 6 months, so unfortunately lockers remain unavailable at present